By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Matador said:

Amazon is irrelevant... NPR numbers got ps4 on top for the year but amazo n got switch on top.

They announce hardware sales on the radio??

YYou know I meant NPD! 😀

Around the Network
nero said:
Mbolibombo said:

How much did it seel week one?

According to this site 1 355 706

Seems definately possible looking back at how much Zelda and Odyssey sold.

MTA close to dethroning Smash??

PortisheadBiscuit said:
MTA close to dethroning Smash??

Well I think Smash keeps "selling out".  

Yasss MTA yassss

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Here's the monthly hardware rankings as they currently stand:

Nintendo Switch (neon): #9
Nintendo Switch (grey): #27
SNES Classic: #48
Xbox One X: #54
XBO S 500GB standalone: #58

At this point, I think we can say for sure that Amazon is, at least for now, not selling PlayStation systems in any official capacity. If this is still the case by year's end, I think I will simply cease doing these threads. Nintendo's been over-represented for months now, Amazon was never a good predictor of software rankings, and the PS4 is in absentia. All these factors combined seems to make these threads pointless, to say nothing about how burned out I am in general, not just with these threads but with anything. I can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything outside of work and doing basic household necessities. I've greatly slowed down the frequency of my activity here. I actually finished a big sales-related project two months ago but haven't gotten around to making a thread about it. I've left several games unfinished, and most of what I do now is a couple of sessions of Halo, and most of my entertainment over the past couple of months has been enjoyed passively. It's like I'm constantly running on fumes, and trying to expend the least amount of energy possible just to make it through the end of the day. Honestly, I think I need a good long vacation to recharge.

I had a phase similar to this in the past and really the best thing is to go see someone and talk about it. Cause you never know what it could be and just talking about it can make you realise what can be wrong or coming from someone seeing you from the outside. It can be your brain and your neurotransmitters which can cause you to be depressed without it being the work you put out or anything coming from your entourage put it can be easily with a pill , working too much or even a bad diet can make you feel tired all the time. Idk man maybe i sound really annoying lol but that's not what i'm trying to do idk i'm just pitching what i was doing wrong so maybe it can help you a bit :D.

Take some time off and maybe try make yourself a new daily schedule which is always nice to switch things up in your life.

Wolfenstein seems headed for an epic bomba. Word of mouth is somewhat mixed, it's been a little shaky at previews, and hasn't showed up on any lists at all it seems. Doom is sitting at 31 in the Switch charts.

xxbrothawizxx63 said:
Wolfenstein seems headed for an epic bomba. Word of mouth is somewhat mixed, it's been a little shaky at previews, and hasn't showed up on any lists at all it seems. Doom is sitting at 31 in the Switch charts.

The PS4/XB1 versions bombed so I hope that Bethesda isn't expecting huge numbers from the Switch version.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 18 June 2018

wombat123 said:
xxbrothawizxx63 said:

The PS4/XB1 versions bombed so I hope that Bethesda isn't expecting huge numbers from the Switch version.

I doubt they are given the lack of promotion.  Game in general has not performed well sales wise.  

wombat123 said:
xxbrothawizxx63 said:

From the data on this site I'm seeing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus at 70-75% the sales of Wolfenstein: The New Order. That's not bad at all when you consider TNO has more than 4 years on the market whereas TNC has 8 months. Why do you think the PS4/XB1 versions bombed?