By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your top 5 console games from the PS3/X360/Wii generation?

Mass Effect 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Dead Space 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Dark Souls

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

I don't understand that question. That wasn't what i said. I said tech wise the Wii U is par to the 360 and PS3, the Wii is the one that was in this between gens limbo, being more of a gamecube 1.5 because it didn't have the tech the 360/PS3 had and was more of a souped up PS2 gen console. Wich is why i think it's the one that is displaced.

So would the current thread of the 5 games from the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii would seem weird to compare to you? If they don't feel like the same gen to you, but the Wii being more of a gamecube 1.5

Yes. But the thread title asked for it specifically, so i included it. It does have to go somewhere afterall. Timewise the 360/ps3 era makes more sense. Wich is why i added the Wii U aswell. Simply put, i see it as 360/ps3/Wii/WiiU. I think that is the most logical grouping.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

So would the current thread of the 5 games from the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii would seem weird to compare to you? If they don't feel like the same gen to you, but the Wii being more of a gamecube 1.5

Yes. But the thread title asked for it specifically, so i included it.

Well, fair enough.

Twilight Princess
Mario Galaxy 2
Sonic Colors
Arkham City
Rayman Origins

1doesnotsimply

Viking: Battle for Asgard (I am surprised and everyone that knows me are surprised).
Animal Crossing: City Folk (I hope for a new console one but probably not this year).
Minecraft X360 (I love digging, not so much building)
Red Dead Redemption (I am afraid that what I liked with RDR will not be in RDR2).
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Bought the game before the console, not sure if I was going to play games on a Nintendo console ever again).

Honourable mentions:
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 (But I do not want to play them again)
Fable 2&3 (Never again a real Fable game?)

Around the Network

I will count only console exclusives:

Enslaved

Unsharted 2

Heavy Rain

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

The Darkness

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:

I will count only console exclusives:

Enslaved

Unsharted 2

Heavy Rain

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

The Darkness

The Darkness just barely missed my list. I absolutely loved the first one. The second one, not as much.

Dark Souls (1 and/or 2)
Civilization Revolution
Valkyria Chronicles
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Rock Band

Halo Reach
Mario Galaxies
Smash Bros Brawl
Halo 3
Cant think of a 5th game for consoles.. i only really played PC last gen with an exception of afew

The last of us
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
Skyward Sword
Bioshock Infinite