By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your top 5 console games from the PS3/X360/Wii generation?

I sadly skipped that entire Generation. 

Around the Network
Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

It could be considered the home console of this gen.

If you only count generation as the console number X released by the developer, yes. But i prefer to see generations as technological leaps and Wii U was certainly last gen tech wise. Switch would be the current gen. To be fair though, the Wii was the one displaced, as it was basically a Gamecube 1.5. The Wii would make more sense in the ps2 era.

How was the Wii more of a power jump than Wii U? Basically it's Wii U vs PS2.

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 10 June 2018

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

If you only count generation as the console number X released by the developer, yes. But i prefer to see generations as technological leaps and Wii U was certainly last gen tech wise. Switch would be the current gen. To be fair though, the Wii was the one displaced, as it was basically a Gamecube 1.5. The Wii would make more sense in the ps2 era.

I don't understand that question. That wasn't what i said. I said tech wise the Wii U is par to the 360 and PS3, the Wii is the one that was in this between gens limbo, being more of a gamecube 1.5 because it didn't have the tech the 360/PS3 had and was more of a souped up PS2 gen console. Wich is why i think it's the one that is displaced.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

I don't understand that question. That wasn't what i said. I said tech wise the Wii U is par to the 360 and PS3, the Wii is the one that was in this between gens limbo, being more of a gamecube 1.5 because it didn't have the tech the 360/PS3 had and was more of a souped up PS2 gen console. Wich is why i think it's the one that is displaced.

So would the current thread of the 5 games from the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii would seem weird to compare to you? If they don't feel like the same gen to you, but the Wii being more of a gamecube 1.5

Halo 3, Wii Sports (fun with the family), Metroid Prime 3, Infamous 1, Minecraft.

That's not my "top five" because there's way too many games I enjoyed and I can't narrow them down like that.

Around the Network
Pagan said:

You didn't miss much. Nintendo was full on waggle so all their "core" games were gimped with inaccurate motion controls. The PS3 had some good games but the system had so little memory that it lagged like a fuck. Trying to navigate the UI was like walking through super glue. Most of its third party games were also ports of 360 titles and were inferior. The 360 had the RROD for years, lacked HDMI until like 2007 and halfway through its run, decided that it wanted to become a casual "entertainment device", focusing on effeminate avatars, Kinect, Kinect and... more Kinect! 

Over all, it was a mighty step down compared to the glory of the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era. This generation has so far, been much better imo.

1. Valkyria Chronicles
2. Ni no Kuni
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Skyward Sword
5. Demon's Souls

1. The Last of Us
2. Infamous
3. Bioshock
4. Killzone 3 (with Sharpshooter, and 3D)
5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

AlfredoTurkey said:
Pagan said:

You didn't miss much. Nintendo was full on waggle so all their "core" games were gimped with inaccurate motion controls. The PS3 had some good games but the system had so little memory that it lagged like a fuck. Trying to navigate the UI was like walking through super glue. Most of its third party games were also ports of 360 titles and were inferior. The 360 had the RROD for years, lacked HDMI until like 2007 and halfway through its run, decided that it wanted to become a casual "entertainment device", focusing on effeminate avatars, Kinect, Kinect and... more Kinect! 

Over all, it was a mighty step down compared to the glory of the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era. This generation has so far, been much better imo.

I mean, you can make any gen seem bad. Let me take a crack at it.

This gen, Nintendo pretty much bowed out of home console manufacturing, Konami pretty much is a dead horse, EA and Activision have pretty much never been worse in their business practices, Xbox has failed to capitalize on the ground gained in the Xbox 360 era and have pretty much placed themselves in irrelevancy territory, No Nintendo virtual console or backwards compatibility, A paywall for online with Nintendo that will (if I'm not mistaken, please correct if I'm wrong) lock people out of playing online content entirely unless you pay, no microphone in the controller this gen with Nintendo and you must use an app through your phone for chatting, season passes for story are becoming eerily frequent, EVEN IN NINTENDO GAMES!

Lol, honestly, this is the gen we are hoisting on our shoulders and parading around?

*edit* Oh, and while the Switch may have the best handheld control layout, the joycon buttons are comically small and is easily the worst home console controller, unless you wanna shell out $70 for a pro controller.... Yeah, you heard right, $70

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 10 June 2018

1. Fallout 3
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Borderlands
4. Bioshock
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes