By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 to lock 2 in-game missions behind Special Edition

Eh, strategy games have had content only available by pre-purchase or special editions for ages.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes and it comes with a download code inside the game case and the download code downloads an app for streaming the game to the Switch.

While that doesn't sound too good, we'll have to swallow the bitter pill to show that we support third party games.

You swallow the bitter pill. This game doesn't interest me.

I think we should cut R* some slack. Their last game barely made them any money at all.

The PS5 Exists. 

KManX89 said:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/05/red-dead-redemption-2-special-ultimate-edition-locked-content/

Wow, Take-Two (the Rockstar parent company) really is cancer, and I mean EA/Activision/Konami level cancer. Selling shark cards for overpriced vehicles, bases, etc., locking haircuts and player progression behind grindy paywalls and now this? I had a sick feeling it was gonna have some kind of scummy monetisation in it and, well, I was right. I fucking called it when T2's shitbag CEO, Strauss Zelnick said they're "under monetising" gamers after the shit they pulled with GTAO and NBA 2K18. Releasing day 1 DLC AND only making it available for the special edition? AAA gaming has officially sunk to a new low.

Really? If you don't like it don't buy it. This is a rock star game there going to be so much content and value out of the based version that your comment will be totally out of line. 

What makes you so entitle to get everything for free. There is a ultimate edition of the game if your willing to pay for extra content. That is the entire purpose to get you to pay for more content that you love. 

Makes me glad i used a voucher when i pre-ordered it so i am getting the game for half the price

Around the Network

It's weird seeing people give other companies flack for this type of practice and then give a pass to rockstar for it. It's pretty crazy. Saw a lot of it on twitter.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well crap. That sucks.

That sucks. well, hopefully the main game is good.

I'm hard to get mad, as it's only two missions.

I have full confidence R* will deliver the goods with RDR2.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

yvanjean said:
KManX89 said:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/05/red-dead-redemption-2-special-ultimate-edition-locked-content/

Wow, Take-Two (the Rockstar parent company) really is cancer, and I mean EA/Activision/Konami level cancer. Selling shark cards for overpriced vehicles, bases, etc., locking haircuts and player progression behind grindy paywalls and now this? I had a sick feeling it was gonna have some kind of scummy monetisation in it and, well, I was right. I fucking called it when T2's shitbag CEO, Strauss Zelnick said they're "under monetising" gamers after the shit they pulled with GTAO and NBA 2K18. Releasing day 1 DLC AND only making it available for the special edition? AAA gaming has officially sunk to a new low.

Really? If you don't like it don't buy it. This is a rock star game there going to be so much content and value out of the based version that your comment will be totally out of line. 

What makes you so entitle to get everything for free. There is a ultimate edition of the game if your willing to pay for extra content. That is the entire purpose to get you to pay for more content that you love. 

"Don't like it? Don't buy it"? Where have I heard THAT before? Oh yeah, when you brushed off the slippery slope we tried to warn you about with the paid horse armor! Yet here we are. 

And not supporting scummy business practices=/=being entitled. In fact, NOT taking a stand is how we ended up with P2W loot boxes, MTX, on-disc DLC, charged endings, etc. in $60 games. Companies like EA, Activision, Konami, etc. continue to implement them because corporate shills/fanboys let them get away with it. I don't mind DLC as long as it's done properly, a la in a game that's worthy of the $60 price tag. It's just that nowadays, so many companies abuse it and nickel-and-dime us with incomplete games. Now we have companies selling us haircuts and $10 save slots and locking player progression behind tediously-long grindwalls in order to strongarm us into paying for microtransactions, and why the hell not? Shills/fanboys/whales let them get away with it!

These people defending and enabling scummy business practices are ruining gaming perhaps more than SJWs.