By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 to lock 2 in-game missions behind Special Edition

I'm just surprised we didn't get a Hitler reference.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
It's weird seeing people give other companies flack for this type of practice and then give a pass to rockstar for it. It's pretty crazy. Saw a lot of it on twitter.

IKR? If any other game did what NBA 2K18 did, there would be millions upon millions of journalists ripping them for it, but because it's a sports game and GTAO has the Rockstar fanboys who believe they can do no wrong on its side, it goes underreported. Unbelievable.

Both games go to ridiculous lengths to get you to spend more money on MTXs on top of the $60 purchase.

PwerlvlAmy said:
It's weird seeing people give other companies flack for this type of practice and then give a pass to rockstar for it. It's pretty crazy. Saw a lot of it on twitter.

As someone who really don't like GTA i think there is a lot of misplaced goodwill towards Rockstar, deep down they are no better than any of the other 3rd parties people complain about. First company that used a season pass, something so many people complain about was in fact Rockstar for LA Noire

yvanjean said:
KManX89 said:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/05/red-dead-redemption-2-special-ultimate-edition-locked-content/

Wow, Take-Two (the Rockstar parent company) really is cancer, and I mean EA/Activision/Konami level cancer. Selling shark cards for overpriced vehicles, bases, etc., locking haircuts and player progression behind grindy paywalls and now this? I had a sick feeling it was gonna have some kind of scummy monetisation in it and, well, I was right. I fucking called it when T2's shitbag CEO, Strauss Zelnick said they're "under monetising" gamers after the shit they pulled with GTAO and NBA 2K18. Releasing day 1 DLC AND only making it available for the special edition? AAA gaming has officially sunk to a new low.

Really? If you don't like it don't buy it. This is a rock star game there going to be so much content and value out of the based version that your comment will be totally out of line. 

What makes you so entitle to get everything for free. There is a ultimate edition of the game if your willing to pay for extra content. That is the entire purpose to get you to pay for more content that you love. 

Um, how about paying $60 for a game, wanting the full game.

This is not DLC being released later or a cosmetic outfit/skin. This is flat out missions in the game being withheld for only premium purchasers.

irstupid said:
yvanjean said:

Really? If you don't like it don't buy it. This is a rock star game there going to be so much content and value out of the based version that your comment will be totally out of line. 

What makes you so entitle to get everything for free. There is a ultimate edition of the game if your willing to pay for extra content. That is the entire purpose to get you to pay for more content that you love. 

This is not DLC being released later or a cosmetic outfit/skin. This is flat out missions in the game being withheld for only premium purchasers.

This. Movies are SO much more expensive to make, yet you don't see film companies charging an extra $5 to see the endings, now do you? I take it some people would be okay with that as well because "dem prahfitz!"

Around the Network
melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

As someone who really don't like GTA i think there is a lot of misplaced goodwill towards Rockstar, deep down they are no better than any of the other 3rd parties people complain about. First company that used a season pass, something so many people complain about was in fact Rockstar for LA Noire

Its the fact that Rockstar gets a free pass on stuff that others would normally complain about if it was another company shows that clear bias really

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

irstupid said:
yvanjean said:

$60 is what you paid for the based version of the game, if you want the full version of the game pay $80. There are so many shit games that sell for $60 and doesn't offer any near the quality and content that you will get from Red Dead redemption 2. Do you doubt you will get your money worth for the based version at $60 and the story & game will be broken because of the locked content?  

All we know is that it's only available to Premium purchasers on release date. Up to Rock star when they make it available to based version owners and how much you should pay for it. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

Its the fact that Rockstar gets a free pass on stuff that others would normally complain about if it was another company shows that clear bias really

Couldn't agree more

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

Their parent company even stated "we didn't charge enough", and thought that MT's are objectively a good thing for the industry and making more money. People blasted EA, but T2 spoke publicly and admitted that they wanted to gimp us for more money, yet they weren't blasted at all for their outspoken ideals, the same ideals that EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Konami and Blizzard all have. 

The bias is most definitely real.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

yvanjean said:
irstupid said:

$60 is what you paid for the based version of the game, if you want the full version of the game pay $80. There are so many shit games that sell for $60 and doesn't offer any near the quality and content that you will get from Red Dead redemption 2. Do you doubt you will get your money worth for the based version at $60 and the story & game will be broken because of the locked content?  

All we know is that it's only available to Premium purchasers on release date. Up to Rock star when they make it available to based version owners and how much you should pay for it. 

Paying full price for a game and getting locked out of content? How is this any different from charging players for endings in Asura's Wrath (that was literally cut out simply to squeeze more money out of their buyerbase)?

Yeah, no, if you pay $60 for a game, you should get the whole game, anything else should be expansions, cosmetics, etc.