By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix Devotes Division To Developing Switch Games

RolStoppable said:
Xxain said:

I would gladly make a list of great readily available games. Im not making a sales comparison. Ikaruga is niche IP in a unmainstream genre which greatly contributes to sales history. What doees it matter though? Why is that a barrier to YOU buying it. We as gamers, who follow the market, know Ikaruga's quality. If you are looking for great games, then there is one right there or is it about specific games.   

You are all over the place with your rant. This quickly moved from Square-Enix to all third parties.

Are you now asking me specifically why I haven't bought Ikaruga for Switch? I already own the game for GameCube.

And in case you missed it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6412088

It was never about just SE. It was in general. I am only used SE because it was the topic of the post I quoted. No, I am not asking you specifically, being general. The general point is that Nintendo fan shave a shit ton barriers when comes to what is support/buying games. That is what I meant here:

One thing I noticed about the Nintendo community is only certain IP's matter. SE could have 30 games on Switch, but if they aren't recognizable, then they dont count. The worst of the 3 with that shit.

I'm not all over the place. SpokenTruth misinterpreted and you ran with that. We can not say that SE has shown a lack confidence in the switch when they have put that many games on the console .... unless you pretend anything not FF or KH does not count. That also relates to above.

If there is anything that frustrates me it would be support begging, without actually supporting the great games that you already have available.

Everything l've said relates back to my original post.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
RolStoppable said:

Regarding your question, advancing the multiplatform approach to include Switch and setting up a division specifically for Switch game development are not mutually exclusive. It's clear that Switch will be the market leading console that supplants the 3DS, so it getting both exclusive and multiplatform content is a logical course of action.

My interpretation of your second sentence is that you don't like it that Switch third party support is improving.

Sorry but no. If they are approaching to have more multiplatform approach, creating divisions to create exclusives is the opposite movement.

You've misread what they're saying multiplatform approach just means supporting all platforms for example PS4/PC/X1 would get games like KH3 and FFXV while Switch would get games like Octopath, TWEWY and some shared releases like DQXI. This approach is still a multiplatform approach it doesn't mean every game would be multiplatform.

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry but no. If they are approaching to have more multiplatform approach, creating divisions to create exclusives is the opposite movement.

I have no issue with Switch having more support (nor even if others are having less support because of it), but when putting only in Switch technical limitations aren't a reason. So'll see if Nintendo fans will complain about it, because when there are real limitations they complain, but when it is a market decision will they?

You are misinterpreting the Square-Enix quote. Their advance in multiplatform development refers to the move towards PC, PS, Xbox and Switch releases, as opposed to the previous approach of making multiplats for PC, PS and Xbox.

Of course technical limitations have nothing to do with what Square-Enix has said about their plans.

As for Nintendo fans, what they've been saying is that third parties should support a console that sells, so if Square-Enix really does support Switch better in the future because the console sells, there will logically not be complaints coming from Nintendo fans. If Square-Enix does what Nintendo fans demand for good reason, then Nintendo fans won't complain about Square-Enix. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

I know that you have a habit of finding hypocrisy in what non-PlayStation fans say, but you take it to a level where you throw logical reasoning out of the window in order to have something on your hands. If you are objectively looking for hypocrisy in this specific case, you'll find it in yourself, because for the longest time you have defended virtually every anti-Nintendo decision by a third party as rational business while now that Square-Enix has decided to support a Nintendo console more due to its good sales, you do nothing but question their decision and portray it as something that doesn't make sense.

Your crystal ball is great for translating what isn't even said... but it contradicts Wyrdness's.

Nintendo fans have been complaining about lack of 3rd part support since at least GameCube... and GC sold poorly, Wii wasn't able to sell MPs, WiiU sold poorly and so far Switch is selling good but for AAA games usually much lower than X1 and PS4... strange this request for Nintendo fans, does your qualification for it starts only at Switch? And PC/X1/PS4 are platforms that sells, so those games not getting there would also be against what these so called Nintendo fans are asking right?

If you want to put hypocrisy on my posts you'll have to work harder. Because as I said in the previous post I have no issue with Switch getting more support even if other platforms get less support because of it (as SE making a exclusive division) I first pointed out that both announcements from SE contradicted each other. And if SE gets more profit without porting exclusives to X1/PS4 I don't really care, but that certainly goes against what Nintendo fans here have been defending... even more when you look all rejoicing with this announcement, while pretty sure they would attack SE if it was a division exclusive to X1 or PS4, as some here even attack companies when they avoid to do ports of games that the port wouldn't look good on Switch to the point of accusing Sony of paying to skip only Switch for MHW or that there is a conspiracy of all big 3 parties to kill Nintendo.

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

You've misread what they're saying multiplatform approach just means supporting all platforms for example PS4/PC/X1 would get games like KH3 and FFXV while Switch would get games like Octopath, TWEWY and some shared releases like DQXI. This approach is still a multiplatform approach it doesn't mean every game would be multiplatform.

So you do have a crystal ball to interpret that more multiplaform approach means PS4/PC/X1 without Switch? Seems your crystal ball needs to talk to Rol's because his says MP means PS4/PC/X1/Switch plus exclusives for Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HollyGamer said:
Yet they are unable to bring Dragon Quest XI in time and unable to bring FF XV to Switch version.

Certainly because they hate Nintendo, as show with them devoting a division for it.

It's a like another Wii  third party situation. Where everyone want to make money but unable to bring their mainline title to the handled. 

DonFerrari said:

So you do have a crystal ball to interpret that more multiplaform approach means PS4/PC/X1 without Switch? Seems your crystal ball needs to talk to Rol's because his says MP means PS4/PC/X1/Switch plus exclusives for Switch.

You're doing yourself any favours with this response as for one what Rol said is no different to what I said he just said it in a different way as currently SE are doing multiplatforms plus exclusives for Switch we have games like Octopath and Twewy for Switch only while multiplatforms like DQXI are also around. It's not a crystal ball it's a case of what's already happening and SE's own actions in opening a division dedicated to original Switch games only.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Your crystal ball is great for translating what isn't even said... but it contradicts Wyrdness's.

Nintendo fans have been complaining about lack of 3rd part support since at least GameCube... and GC sold poorly, Wii wasn't able to sell MPs, WiiU sold poorly and so far Switch is selling good but for AAA games usually much lower than X1 and PS4... strange this request for Nintendo fans, does your qualification for it starts only at Switch? And PC/X1/PS4 are platforms that sells, so those games not getting there would also be against what these so called Nintendo fans are asking right?

If you want to put hypocrisy on my posts you'll have to work harder. Because as I said in the previous post I have no issue with Switch getting more support even if other platforms get less support because of it (as SE making a exclusive division) I first pointed out that both announcements from SE contradicted each other. And if SE gets more profit without porting exclusives to X1/PS4 I don't really care, but that certainly goes against what Nintendo fans here have been defending... even more when you look all rejoicing with this announcement, while pretty sure they would attack SE if it was a division exclusive to X1 or PS4, as some here even attack companies when they avoid to do ports of games that the port wouldn't look good on Switch to the point of accusing Sony of paying to skip only Switch for MHW or that there is a conspiracy of all big 3 parties to kill Nintendo.

Wyrdness is wrong. There's nothing more to say about it.

It's abundantly clear that you are on a crusade against perceived hypocrisy. And again, Square-Enix isn't contradicting themself.

I said the exact same thing you did.

didn't they also recently say they are dropping like most of their phone games now?

Hopefully the switch gets Octopath/Bravely quality games and not just scrapped phone games

HollyGamer said:
DonFerrari said:

Certainly because they hate Nintendo, as show with them devoting a division for it.

It's a like another Wii  third party situation. Where everyone want to make money but unable to bring their mainline title to the handled. 

Could be. Still they could release those same games on all platforms. But before knowing what games they will create on the division it's hard to know.

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Wyrdness is wrong. There's nothing more to say about it.

It's abundantly clear that you are on a crusade against perceived hypocrisy. And again, Square-Enix isn't contradicting themself.

Yep, I don't like hypocrisy. I didn't said SE is contradicting itself, I said both reports as gave contradicts themselves.

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

You're doing yourself any favours with this response as for one what Rol said is no different to what I said he just said it in a different way as currently SE are doing multiplatforms plus exclusives for Switch we have games like Octopath and Twewy for Switch only while multiplatforms like DQXI are also around. It's not a crystal ball it's a case of what's already happening and SE's own actions in opening a division dedicated to original Switch games only.

Nope, he was saying multiplatforms also going to Switch instead of PS4/X1/PC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."