By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix Devotes Division To Developing Switch Games

Some original titles would be cool I guess. I also wouldn't say no to Terranigma, Chrono Cross and Valkyrie Profile.

Around the Network

Good for Switch. Does that means the other departments will do exclusives to other plats and they won't port those to Switch?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Darwinianevolution said:
Chrono Trigger remade with the Octopath look and engine.
That's all.

After seeing how Toriyama's art translated into UE4 in Dragon Age XI, I would find an Octopath engine remake of Chrono Trigger soul-crushingly underwhelming.  At that point just re-release it.  

That's great. Now give me Bravely Third PLS.

Nuvendil said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Chrono Trigger remade with the Octopath look and engine.
That's all.

After seeing how Toriyama's art translated into UE4 in Dragon Age XI, I would find an Octopath engine remake of Chrono Trigger soul-crushingly underwhelming.  At that point just re-release it.  

To be fair, I don't trust SE with a remake of a 2D game into 3D. They would lose focus immediately, and it would end up like FFVIIR.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Bleh.
Not worth the time.
It might be because younger Nintendo fans are deprived of a period of time when Square’s RPGs on Nintendo consoles were top notch and cutting edge, but crap like Bravely Default, Crystal Chronicles, and I am Setsuna are incredibly low quality; typically poorly balanced/grindy, low budget, and completely lacking any soul.

I am a big fan of many Square Enix games, but their track record on Nintendo consoles is shit outside of Dragon Quest and some of the remakes. The only thing of interest with these sorts of games is that Square is actually putting content on a Nintendo console; the problem is that it has the inspiration of a “Square Final Fantasy influenced attempt-at-market-grab app #46.”

Last edited by Jumpin - on 06 June 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Bleh.
Not worth the time.
It might be because younger Nintendo fans are deprived of a period of time when Square’s RPGs on Nintendo consoles were top notch and cutting edge, but crap like Bravely Default, Crystal Chronicles, and I am Setsuna are incredibly low quality; typically poorly balanced/grindy, low budget, and completely lacking any soul.

I am a big fan of many Square Enix games, but their track record on Nintendo consoles is shit outside of Dragon Quest and some of the remakes. The only thing of interest with these sorts of games is that Square is actually putting content on a Nintendo console; the problem is that it has the inspiration of a “Square Final Fantasy influenced attempt-at-market-grab app #46.”

Bravely Default is solid, quite popular and quite quality game for 3DS game, Octopath Traveler also seems it will be quite good game.

Yet they are unable to bring Dragon Quest XI in time and unable to bring FF XV to Switch version.

You can do it SE.

Switch!!!

C'mon, Bravely Third.