By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2018 Thread- 5 new 1st Party Studious, Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, and more

Rate the Microsoft Conference

10 19 13.48%

9 26 18.44%

8 44 31.21%

7 28 19.86%

6 9 6.38%

5 7 4.96%

4 3 2.13%

3 2 1.42%

2 0 0%

1 3 2.13%

Total:141

I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Were there tons of games shown that got me excited? Yes.
Were there some big surprises? Yes.
Does it make me want an Xbox? No.

It was an amazing show for the industry and I imagine many core Xbox fans should be very happy. I just didn't seeing anything at this stage that makes me think I'd need one in addition to the PlayStation. I mean, if Sony shows the exact same third party titles tonight does that make them "less" because we've seen them at Microsoft's conference?

Being positive, three great systems and an amazing time to be playing video games. I really want to see Devil May Cry 5 game play and give me Cyberpunk 2077!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
LivingMetal said:

I watch these conferences to be informed first and entertained a far second while not getting jerked around.  So by you're logic, I'm not wrong either.

No, you are not.So dont go around saying that people are fools for thinking different from you.

So don't go around making excuses for apologetics.

LivingMetal said:
Nautilus said:

No, you are not.So dont go around saying that people are fools for thinking different from you.

So dont go around thinking that your opinion is better, or even relevant, than mine or others.Especially with that attitude.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
LivingMetal said:

So dont go around thinking that your opinion is better, or even relevant, than mine or others.Especially with that attitude.

So are you trying to tell us that everyone is always right as long as someone else thinks the way you do?

"He is not wrong though.At least, thats why I watch it and how I rate them."

My attitude is I don't make excuses (Apologetics) for myself and others.

8.5/10 B+/ A-

Microsoft did a fantastic job. I think this ranks only behind FFXIII and GTAIV reveal E3 conferences.

They did exactly what they needed to do with announcing 5 new studios even though that won't bear fruit until next gen. They let everyone know they are here to stay and intend to compete.

The only drawbacks is that the Halo, Forza, Gears trio was expected and a lot of the games they showed looked indistinct. I couldn't tell some of them apart.

Not an Xbox owner but I was entertained and excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Nautilus said:

So are you trying to tell us that everyone is always right as long as someone else thinks the way you do?

"He is not wrong though.At least, thats why I watch it and how I rate them."

My attitude is I don't make excuses (Apologetics) for myself and others.

When something is the very definition of subjective, as a person enjoyment of a show?Of course.Why would you think otherwise?If it were a discussion where we are trying to reach a concenssus about wether Bayonetta or Devil May Cry is better, than yeah that is not entirely personal or subjective, but thats not the case.

The really funny thing about this though, is that you keep calling other people that disagree with you as apologetic people.But you never realize that you are one of them, the worst kind really, because in order to sustain your view, you are not only ignoring all the announcements that were in the MS show that werent first party as irrelevant(Because surely people cant get excited or rate the show that had their favoprite franchise shown higher), but are also making excuses for why thats the case, such as "Pleaseeeeee, its third party!If its not exclusive to that system, why should anyone care?"(Just read that as Jim Sterling in my mind, and it was really funny!)

I mean, we are all hypocrites, but thats a bit too much, if you ask me.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

To me it was just Devil May Cry 5, SEKIRO:SDT and then Dying Light 2 that impressed to some extent...sadly all of them which I'd only bother playing on PC(except DMC)

Last edited by GameAnalyser - on 11 June 2018

Bandorr said:
LivingMetal said:

I watch these conferences to be informed first and entertained a far second while not getting jerked around.  So by you're logic, I'm not wrong either.

An article summing up the games can inform you better, and quicker. Microsoft didn't even make it clear what platform their games were going to be on. Had to wait until after for the rumors, the tweets and the articles.

That said I went into watching the conference knowing there was a very little chance of them releasing a game I actually wanted to play on their systems. Thus I was left with only one option - entertainment.

KH3, Jump force, and Tales of Vesperia will sell metric tons better on the PS4 so giving MS credit for them is a-little weird.  But I was entertained seeing them - so there's that.

And why is that weird? They were first shown off at MS's conference and will run better on the Xbox one console. It does not matter which system sells more of the game when determining which conference was better.

Microsoft had a shit ton of games shown off at their conference. Whether they were multiplat or not does not diminish the entertainment value of the conference.

I'd rather watch a baseball game that is 10-11, even if my team loses than watch a game that ends 0-1 and we win. Unless its the world series or something. Say all you want about whether these multilplats are coming to PS4 or not, Sony needs to have an entertaining conference on its own.

Based on the "preview trailer" for Sony's conference, they are going to concentrate on four games right? Spiderman, Ghosts of whatever, Death Standing, Last of Us 2 and was it Days Gone (is that the little boy with arrow part?)

Only two of them are exciting. Death Standing and Ghosts. Those two we need to see gameplay. The others there is nothing special to be about them. They have had trailers, gameplay vids, ect. or in case of Last of Us 2, which has no gameplay yet, we know what to expect being a sequel.

But either way ALL FIVE are not new. Forza 4 Horizon, Gears of War 5 and Halo Infinite at the bare minimum are ALL new games announced this E3. And Microsoft had many other WORLD PREMIERS. A world premier is way more exciting than seeing more of whatever game. Doesn't matter if the game is Breath of the Wild, if it's not a new reveal, it's not as exciting. Being a new reveal gives a huge boost. Just look at any topic while its going on. Everyone gets excited on any new game. Sure excitement might wear off quickly if its not that cool, but it still gets hyped on new. Meanwhile, old games, people are always like "they are showing this now" like stating something more matter of fact.

twintail said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Exclusives: got it. World Premiere: Multi-plats shown on their conference for the first time, got it. Console Launch Exclusives? What the hell is that? Did they imply that a new Xbox is coming at the same time as these games will be released and these games are multi-plat but will launch first on that new Xbox system and later on other platforms? A bit confusing in my opinion.

This means its timed exclusive.

Exactly, which is why I questioned whether the Cuphead DLC would come to ps4, bc it said “console launch exclusive” for it. 

Havent seen such a good microsoft conference in years, this is the way to do it and it was about the games this time.