By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2018 Thread- 5 new 1st Party Studious, Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, and more

Rate the Microsoft Conference

10 19 13.48%

9 26 18.44%

8 44 31.21%

7 28 19.86%

6 9 6.38%

5 7 4.96%

4 3 2.13%

3 2 1.42%

2 0 0%

1 3 2.13%

Total:141
DirtyP2002 said:
flashfire926 said:

fixed.

However, you point still stands.

MS showed 50 games, while Sony only showed 9 (if we count that PSVR game, which shouldn't count if you ask me). Microsoft took it by a landslide.

gameplay =/= announcements.

If so, you can also add Ori and Crackdown as exclusives on MS list + Battlefield, Tomb Raider and Nier: Automata for multiplats.

fair enough.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Alara317 said:

What was so bad about Sony's? yeah the musical stuff was bad and the intermission was pointless, but the games showed were almost all good or great and we got lengthy gameplay demonstrations. I thought it was a show of quality over quantity. 

I still think Microsoft's was marginally better, but only for the sheer volume of stuff on display. 

Does that mean you think the games at Microsoft weren't quality games?

Not on the same level as what Sony showed. 

Guaranteed nothing Microsoft showed comes close to The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, or Spider-Man. All of those have potential to be game of the year contenders, and the only franchise that Microsoft has that hovers around the 90 metacritic level is Forza Horizon (And to a lesser extend, ORi and the Will of the Wisps, but that's an indie title download, it will be outstanding but don't pretend it's gonna be a system seller.) Furthermore, Sony showed extensive gameplay of three of those games (Death Stranding is still a mystery, but Hideo Kojima hasn't ever let us down), vs 'here's a thing that exists sometime in the future' like with Halo and Gears. Forza was really the only one that showed gameplay, looked great, and was coming out very soon. 

Halo and Gears' last outings were okay but not great. 

Crackdown looks pretty bad, if I'm being honest. 

And most of the other stuff was indies or multiplats. Sure some of the stuff I'm SUPER excited to play...on PS4. yeah, I still think that overall Microsoft's presentation was better, but it did very little to make me care about my oft-neglected Xbox One. I'll be getting Ori 2 on PC, and the 'holy trinity' of Xbox pillars (Gears, Halo, Forza) all looked good but not great. Maybe 8/10s. 

Could I be wrong? sure. I'd be happy to see me be wrong, but when you're comparing quality vs quantity, Sony had it with their quality. 

So yeah, I definitely think that sony's games were better quality. Oh, and two of those four were new IPs, where are Microsoft's new IPs? This stuff matters in the long run. 

Alara317 said:
flashfire926 said:

Does that mean you think the games at Microsoft weren't quality games?

Not on the same level as what Sony showed. 

Guaranteed nothing Microsoft showed comes close to The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, or Spider-Man. All of those have potential to be game of the year contenders, and the only franchise that Microsoft has that hovers around the 90 metacritic level is Forza Horizon (And to a lesser extend, ORi and the Will of the Wisps, but that's an indie title download, it will be outstanding but don't pretend it's gonna be a system seller.) Furthermore, Sony showed extensive gameplay of three of those games (Death Stranding is still a mystery, but Hideo Kojima hasn't ever let us down), vs 'here's a thing that exists sometime in the future' like with Halo and Gears. Forza was really the only one that showed gameplay, looked great, and was coming out very soon. 

Halo and Gears' last outings were okay but not great. 

Crackdown looks pretty bad, if I'm being honest. 

And most of the other stuff was indies or multiplats. Sure some of the stuff I'm SUPER excited to play...on PS4. yeah, I still think that overall Microsoft's presentation was better, but it did very little to make me care about my oft-neglected Xbox One. I'll be getting Ori 2 on PC, and the 'holy trinity' of Xbox pillars (Gears, Halo, Forza) all looked good but not great. Maybe 8/10s. 

Could I be wrong? sure. I'd be happy to see me be wrong, but when you're comparing quality vs quantity, Sony had it with their quality. 

So yeah, I definitely think that sony's games were better quality. Oh, and two of those four were new IPs, where are Microsoft's new IPs? This stuff matters in the long run. 

I thought you were talking about the whole show, not just exclusives. Should've specified. In that case, I have to agree. Even though the MS exclusives are more up my alley, I can't deny that Sony will have more quality in their first party titles.

As a side note, Gears 5 did show gameplay, and it looked great, imo.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

potato_hamster said:
Dulfite said:

Ugh, but Steam Link man! 

It sucks for you and the 12 other people that are still using it. I have one and I used it twice. What as waste of $14.

I got mine for $4 on some crazy sale lol. Why do you assume not many use it? Is there a better alternative?

I have desktop upstairs (next to my main internet router) and have the steam link connected to my basement projector. It has (I'd say) 98% no lag, and almost entirely plays perfectly. Microsoft doesn't have an option for windows 10 gaming streamings to other tvs in the house do they?