By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Aces Online Tournament Demo Impressions!

Favorite character in the demo?

Mario 3 11.11%

Peach 6 22.22%

Yoshi 3 11.11%

Bowser 2 7.41%

Waluigi 4 14.81%

Toad 0 0%

Spike 3 11.11%

Rosalina 4 14.81%

Chain Chomp 2 7.41%

Total:27
mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Thou must explain!

They just don't feel fair in any way. They're a last resort for when your opponent has put you in a position you shouldn't be able to recover from, but they come at no cost (in fact you get rewarded for it!) and get you completely out of any disadvantage you might have been in. I hate it when everytime it seems like I won a game through proper good play, my opponent just comes back right across the stage with some bullshit trick shot, and I also hate it when I'm put in that position and have to use one to survive.

Nope it cost energy when you don't get it exactly perfect which will be most of the time. Either that or you straight up miss. Might be too good on Chain Chomp though as it allows him to cover the whole court from virtually any position.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
mZuzek said:

They just don't feel fair in any way. They're a last resort for when your opponent has put you in a position you shouldn't be able to recover from, but they come at no cost (in fact you get rewarded for it!) and get you completely out of any disadvantage you might have been in. I hate it when everytime it seems like I won a game through proper good play, my opponent just comes back right across the stage with some bullshit trick shot, and I also hate it when I'm put in that position and have to use one to survive.

Nope it cost energy when you don't get it exactly perfect which will be most of the time. Either that or you straight up miss. Might be too good on Chain Chomp though as it allows him to cover the whole court from virtually any position.

Now, let's pretend I didn't expect you to completely disregard my criticism and defend the game from anything bad said about it.

Wow, you make a really good point! I think I'm buying this game now!

mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Thou must explain!

Not really. I've had quite a few rallies where my opponent lost a point and was put into very unfavorable position because they used trick shots too often to get out of a jam. If an opponent uses it late they waste energy and bit by bit that energy twindled until my opponents could not do anything to stop me from getting a point and having an upperhand in the following rallies.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 02 June 2018

mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Now, let's pretend I didn't expect you to completely disregard my criticism and defend the game from anything bad said about it.

I don't care if you buy the game, but misinformation should be corrected.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
mZuzek said:

I don't care if you buy the game, but misinformation should be corrected.

Then please talk Nintendo into correcting the stuff that's written in the menus, because it was quite clear in saying that trick shots charge your energy. Anyways, if it really was so hard to get a trick shot right in order to charge energy rather than spend it, and it really cost so much energy if you got it wrong, I probably would have noticed, because it would have meant my opponents wouldn't just spam it 3 or 4 times in a row to get out of any sticky situation. The whole energy thing is just bullshit honestly, it's ridiculously quick to charge and slow to deplete, not even the special shot gets rid of all of it. Honestly I might have considered buying the game if simple class mode was already available, because I'd probably have fun playing it, but since they'd rather bait me into thinking it's already playable, then I really don't give a crap.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Did yal know you can use video capture on the demo?

View on YouTube

That there was my longest rally so far, extremely satisfying to come out on top of it! Also Peach is pretty much my main right now, I just like knowing my shots are bit more sharp.

mZuzek said:
trick shots which completely ruin the game in my opinion
Thou must explain!

Peach is my main too, she got me to the semis again and again but keeps getting beat by the 1 bar in between matches even though I started with 3-4 bars, and for some reason I always get paired with 1 bar opponents now and I had to stop playing because of it.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Hey everyone, finally got back from my tournament ! I'm gonna properly eat something and then FINALLY jump in the game ! Wish me luck :P

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I like playing with Spike, has decent groundstrokes and a pretty potent serve.

I've found that Peach can be killer and she can hold on her own well against Chain Chomps.
Also, Chain Chomp is OP but a nice strategy is go straight for its racket.

By now I'm at 27 Tournament Wins, 129 wins, 11 losses and 30575 points lul.

Last edited by Moren - on 02 June 2018

morenoingrato said:

I've found that Peach can be killer and she can hold on her own well against Chain Chomps.
Also, Chain Chomp is OP but a nice strategy is go straight for its racket.

By now I'm at 27 Tournament Wins, 129 wins, 11 losses and 30575 points lul.

Dude chill jeez, how is your experiences with ping, I'm guessing you never went below 3 bars? I couldn't continue playing as I keep getting paired with 1 bar opponents, I seldom get 3-4 bars, I still check now and then if it improves but still get those 1 bars.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid