** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

Can't embed tweets pity.

Around the Network

That was really surprising. The final might become really interesting if the tournament continues like that.

LipeJJ said:
I’m quite delighted with the match. It was clear how awful Belgium is. Unfortunately, we were incompetent and missed many easy goals.

Delighted with the match? Considering how you said beforehand that Brazil should be able to defeat Belgium as they'd finally be facing against a real team.

Just out of curiosity, how comes that there are so many Brazilian fans in the arena? There were 20000 Brazilian fans and only 5000 Belgium fans in the arena. That's really surprising considering that Brazil is on the other side of the earth and known to be not a very rich country.. lol

VGPolyglot said:
LipeJJ said:
I’m quite delighted with the match. It was clear how awful Belgium is. Unfortunately, we were incompetent and missed many easy goals.

Delighted with the match? Considering how you said beforehand that Brazil should be able to defeat Belgium as they'd finally be facing against a real team.

We defeated ourselves. An own goal and tons of clear missed opportunities. But I’m delight with how good the match was. I’ll be rooting for Belgium from now on. They showed they know how to win a match, I admit I was wrong. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

France, England - 1 World Cup Title Each
Belgium, Russia, Croatia, Sweden - 0 World Cups Titles

Is it more exciting to see a nation finally win or to see one build on its history?

Dr.Vita said:

Just out of curiosity, how comes that there are so many Brazilian fans in the arena? There were 20000 Brazilian fans and only 5000 Belgium fans in the arena. That's really surprising considering that Brazil is on the other side of the earth and known to be not a very rich country.. lol

well, Belgium is just ~11m people (and the smallest country area-wise in the tournament) while Brazil has a population of ~208m

but yea, south/latin americans seem to be much more fanatical in their support and willing to save up for years to watch world cup games in person

I think the World Cup will end up like the Club World Cup in the future. Europeans will see it as meaningless because all the good teams are in Europe, with the rest of the world bringing the quality down.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 06 July 2018

Nymeria said:

Is it more exciting to see a nation finally win or to see one build on its history?

That's why I want either Belgium or Croatia to win, they also both play really entertaining and beautiful football. But France are looking really strong right now, I think they can best any of the teams left with relative ease if they play to their fullest potential. Sweden has zero chance in a final, regardless of opposition, I'd fairly confident that the same is true of Russia.

Nymeria said:

New one of course. Always exiting when an underdog wins.