By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not getting Battlefield this time around

Are you getting Battlefield 5?

Yes 11 25.00%

No 33 75.00%

Total:44

I wasn't going to get it either way, but now that it has over the top customisation i'm not even going to get it down the line.

Around the Network
Carl said:

Battlefield has always been historically accurate.

By this point i'm starting to thing that this is lowkey trolling. 

its a video game not a WW2 documentary.

people need to chill.

GOWTLOZ said:

Battlefield 5 is a mockery of WW2. There is diversity for the sake of it, bombastic action to make it look exciting at the cost of immersion. They might as well call it an alternate reality WW2, that would be tenable. The prosthetic hands of the woman was laughably bad, why is DICE doing this? I've played since Battlefield 3 but this is putting me away from the game.

There were women soldiers in WW2 but they were mostly Russian and by far the biggest proportion of soldiers were men. To have a sizable portion of the squad as women and DICE's comments regarding the game show that its being shoehorned in the game to make a social statement. I don't want a social statement in a game about WW2, atleast not one based on current society. Its a WW2 game, it should depict WW2 scenarios and people. Men were dying on the battlefields forced to live in difficult surroundings and die from a variety of dangers. This is just dishonorable to them.

I'm in no way against women in games. Horizon: Zero Dawn and Rise of the Tomb Raider are some of my favourite games this gen. There is a place for men and women but you can't put them in everywhere for muh diversity.

This makes a decision easier. It really does.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was always a priority. I still thought I'll get Battlefield 5 next year when I'm done with it. That was before the reveal as I have no intention of getting Battlefield 5 at all. I'm sure the gameplay will be good but in a market saturated with shooters with good gameplay that's the base a game has to build for me to consider it. WW2 could have been that immersion factor that shooters lack but DICE doesn't want it to be so. They want diversity.

In my case I am getting and more even because of adding diversity .
Don't need to be sad my friend. Is the same shit man..

I would like to leave here congratulations DICE and EA.
Hope to see more diversity on games from now on. It is good for everyone.

Peace!

shikamaru317 said:
Both CoD and Battlefield look terrible this year. I'll be skipping both, RDR2 releases around the same time anyway, so that's what I'll be playing.

Pretty much where I am at as well.  Between my PS4 backlog, Red Dead 2, Smash, and Pokemon on my to do list, I think I will have plenty to play in place of these two games.

If I need a multiplayer fix, I have much more fun in Splatoon 2 anyway.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
its a video game not a WW2 documentary.

people need to chill.

People need to cut out throwing words out there like historical accuracy and documentary. Because no one demands this.

Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor had more authentic flair than BFV. If it werent for the vehicles i wouldnt have been able to tell what conflict the game is based on.

Hunting Season is done...

Faelco said:
Not interested in it.

There is a difference between "not exactly accurate" and "handicapped British woman fighting with a katana on the front lines of Omaha Beach".

The later doesn't interest you? 

We're going to go ahead and lock this thread, on account of there already being a thread discussing all things BFV related, including of course the various positive and negative reactions people had to the reveal. You can find that thread, and that discussion here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236274&page=1

There's also a whole bunch of people discussing their issues with the reveal in the "diversity" thread, here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/thread.php?id=236220&page=1

Let's not splinter the conversation needlessly into more threads than necessary.