By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ganoncrotch said:
TalonMan said:

Feel better now? So you know - it was the site owner that added that pop-up, neither I nor Trucks have anything to do with it and we don't have any right to go muck around with it.

As for the "I'm doing my best..." stuff - well, it is what it is. We try our best, we can't possibly satisfy everyone, and when asshats come into a thread with disrespectful and nasty comments, I tend to get a bit short and return the same tone in my replies...    ...but I'm turning over a new leaf, you'll be happy to know. I'm no longer seeking comments or suggestions, nor am I even going to pay attention to posts like this anymore. In fact, I'm just going to full stop messing around with shit from here out - so rejoice!! 

You've posted that same comment at every negative comment regarding the changes, it's worthless.

When someone points out "x is bad" and you want to ignore it and just continue doing what you are doing it doesn't make what you're doing better, it just means you are actively ignoring people who are telling you that you need to step up, or step away.

But you call me an asshat? mature, I'd report it... but I can't lol.

Now im allways joking about going back to the 08 layout. But you dont want any change at all? You know standstill is also regression

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Thanks for admitting you are the asshat btw as he didnt specify you

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Its it? How groundbreakingly horrible

It isn't ground breaking, but does it look like a site which is affiliated with the likes of people who use the VGchartz pro features of the site such as

I understand the acceptance of "but VGchartz has features which don't work often" but we currently have more parts breaking than the other way around, changes to functionality which adds little / nothing at the apparent cost of things like functional or correctly formatted text entry boxes. There is just a disconnect between what is being gained for what is being lost and I'm just someone sat here watching it thinking "why doesn't anyone say something?" but yeah last week I was just on mobile and couldn't actually post at times on the site because in 2018 this site still has issues working on mobile devices which is going to be a large % of any website traffic.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You've posted that same comment at every negative comment regarding the changes, it's worthless.

When someone points out "x is bad" and you want to ignore it and just continue doing what you are doing it doesn't make what you're doing better, it just means you are actively ignoring people who are telling you that you need to step up, or step away.

But you call me an asshat? mature, I'd report it... but I can't lol. Disregard that it worked! Just because you do a role for the site doesn't mean you can freely insult members, or does it? is there different rules for you?

The "asshats" comment wasn't directed at you specifically - it was a generalized comment. But, since you feel the need to get hung up on that, well...

...anyway - I have NEVER had a problem with somebody pointing out something "bad". Read through this thread (or any of the various OTHER threads around here) - when I'm approached with "Hey, this isn't working the way it should" or "This is broken" - I'm the first one to jump on it and fix it. You want to act like a jerk with me though, well then I'm happy to return that same attitude.

But whatever, it really doesn't matter. You can have the last word now, big man - it's all you. Have a great day!! :)

When did I direct my original post to you? It was just a general statement at the site, how do you know the comment regarding the popup wasn't directed at the person who put it there?

Don't play the "but I wasn't talking to you" game if you have made the same assumption as you jumped on things I said and took them all as personal attacks at you. Think about what you post before you try and play such a stupid defense to what you post.

And again last line? What does it achieve other than showing that you cannot accept criticism towards your work without tearing up and going for the "well I'm not listening to you anymore" rubbish. This isn't the sort of discussion skill that someone working on/with this site as a representative of what to expect as a user here should ever do, but then it's been the same back through this and other threads where people have commented about some of the work done here, a big dramatic flare up which leads to nothing of value.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
TalonMan said:

The "asshats" comment wasn't directed at you specifically - it was a generalized comment. But, since you feel the need to get hung up on that, well...

...anyway - I have NEVER had a problem with somebody pointing out something "bad". Read through this thread (or any of the various OTHER threads around here) - when I'm approached with "Hey, this isn't working the way it should" or "This is broken" - I'm the first one to jump on it and fix it. You want to act like a jerk with me though, well then I'm happy to return that same attitude.

But whatever, it really doesn't matter. You can have the last word now, big man - it's all you. Have a great day!! :)

When did I direct my original post to you? It was just a general statement at the site, how do you know the comment regarding the popup wasn't directed at the person who put it there?

Don't play the "but I wasn't talking to you" game if you have made the same assumption as you jumped on things I said and took them all as personal attacks at you. Think about what you post before you try and play such a stupid defense to what you post.

And again last line? What does it achieve other than showing that you cannot accept criticism towards your work without tearing up and going for the "well I'm not listening to you anymore" rubbish. This isn't the sort of discussion skill that someone working on/with this site as a representative of what to expect as a user here should ever do, but then it's been the same back through this and other threads where people have commented about some of the work done here, a big dramatic flare up which leads to nothing of value.

Question are you going to fix it? For free?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ganoncrotch said:

But you call me an asshat? mature, I'd report it... but I can't lol. Disregard that it worked! Just because you do a role for the site doesn't mean you can freely insult members, or does it? is there different rules for you?

Trying to be an outside perspective, but it's hard trying to fix a zillion things at once. It may seem like what he says is harsh sometimes, but then, when you try to put so much effort into a site, and receive both reasonable critiquing and constant complaining, it can get to be a lot. 

Just look at The Moderator Thread, for example.

The moderator thread has critic of you guys work every day, how often to you reply with "well I'm not listening to you asshats complaining" Users of a site questioning what appears to be poor work or functionality by moderators or code work on the site should get more than being told to fuck off and stop being negative.

People who care enough to post negatively about the things which prevent them using the site actually give a shit about the place, others will just walk away, you see the state of the text entry box in my post above, average users or new users aren't going to fight with something like that in order to make a "hey guys I'm new here" post, they're just not.

Ganoncrotch said:
CGI-Quality said:

Trying to be an outside perspective, but it's hard trying to fix a zillion things at once. It may seem like what he says is harsh sometimes, but then, when you try to put so much effort into a site, and receive both reasonable critiquing and constant complaining, it can get to be a lot. 

Just look at The Moderator Thread, for example.

The moderator thread has critic of you guys work every day, how often to you reply with "well I'm not listening to you asshats complaining" Users of a site questioning what appears to be poor work or functionality by moderators or code work on the site should get more than being told to fuck off and stop being negative.

People who care enough to post negatively about the things which prevent them using the site actually give a shit about the place, others will just walk away, you see the state of the text entry box in my post above, average users or new users aren't going to fight with something like that in order to make a "hey guys I'm new here" post, they're just not.

But are you going to fix shit?

HoloDust said:
SpokenTruth said:

I'm noticing that posts are partially clipped when you open updated threads from the VG Buddy.  The header cuts into the post a little.  It cuts off the date and half of the avatar.

Desktop/Firefox.

Same for me

JEMC said:
HoloDust said:

Same for me

Yep, me too. Also on desktop and Firefox.

SpokenTruth said:

Hi Talon,

I don't know if these are already officially on your list to investigate or not.

Some text boxes bleed over into the right margin.  The image below is a taken from your recent quoting in this thread.

The other issue is when opening up the most Recent post from the VGC Buddy.  the top of the post gets slightly cut off by the header.  It covers the time stamp and part of the avatar.

This is an issue with anchors and the fixed header. The links go the an anchor on the page (in this case the top of the post) but since the header is always up top there's about 75px hidden by the header. I think I've found a way to offset the anchors, I'll be adding it later today.

Signature goes here!

Thanks, Trucks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hope Talon reconsiders. I've been coming here for years, and it's great to see improvements continuously being made by volunteers. As a full time Software developer, I understand how hard it is and how much work a simple button UI or even changes to major components of a site can take.