By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 1 Million People Have Played State of Decay 2 in it's First 48 Hours. Now at 2 Million Players.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

In game Knowledge, knowing what a lot of gamers are doing can benefit me in game. How do sales figures help me beat or enjoy a game? If you haven't notice, I don't take these fun stats too seriously as for sales figures.. if I was a share holder I might care more.

I personally think you are taking these fun facts too seriously. Why does everything have to have a serious meaning?

Knowing 6M bags of snack were used help you beat or enjoy a game in what manner?

Games sales help you know if the game will have a future or not, and guess what, we are on a sales tracking site.

I'm not taking them seriously, I actually laugh at these releases that try to show a better version of their numbers. We know it is made to please investors and show a strong front.

And again, why do you keep coming to VGC if sales doesn't matter to you?

I don't think to myself, "Hmm does this game have a future, how many players are playing it, I hope it sells well" while playing the game.. I personally hope you don't either.

I come to VGC because I love video games and get the latest news. Sale figures mean nothing to me, unless I have shares and am trying to make money.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Knowing 6M bags of snack were used help you beat or enjoy a game in what manner?

Games sales help you know if the game will have a future or not, and guess what, we are on a sales tracking site.

I'm not taking them seriously, I actually laugh at these releases that try to show a better version of their numbers. We know it is made to please investors and show a strong front.

And again, why do you keep coming to VGC if sales doesn't matter to you?

I don't think to myself, "Hmm does this game have a future, how many players are playing it, I hope it sells well" while playing the game.. I personally hope you don't either.

I come to VGC because I love video games and get the latest news. Sale figures mean nothing to me, unless I have shares and am trying to make money.

And you think to yourself "how many zombies were dealt with", "How many snacks were eaten"?

And you enter sales and review threads for what reason them if you don't care about both?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

I don't think you are suppose to take those stats seriously. Like I said there fun facts nothing more nothing less. 

Sure, but you said they benefit the gamers, please explain.

Well, no, he didn’t. To be accurate he said the sales numbers give gamers no benefit. Which might imply the in game stats MS provided does benefit gamers, if you want to read it that way, or it could mean he thinks they provide more of a benefit than sales numbers. At which point it’s just your opinion versus his. Idk about benefits, but as someone who doesn’t own stock in the developer, they’re certainly more interesting imho than sales.

Also, this idea that you must care about sales to be posting here is complete nonsense. For starters, VGC numbers haven’t been taken seriously in forever. I joined before this current gen started and people were already disregarding VGC. Also, the forum has a sales discussion section. It’s a completely different section than the gaming forums. You’d have a point if this thread were in the sales discussion or was an actual sales thread, but otherwise maybe you shouldn’t be telling people what they should care about because they post here. It’s even weirder when you consider this is a thread about a Microsoft published title you’ll likely never play. 

As someone who has 30 hours in the game thus far, yeah, it IS interesting to read about how many zombies have been killed, and other stats. It’s just PR fluff. Go have a Coke and a smile and try not to take it so seriously :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure, but you said they benefit the gamers, please explain.

Well, no, he didn’t. To be accurate he said the sales numbers give gamers no benefit. Which might imply the in game stats MS provided does benefit gamers, if you want to read it that way, or it could mean he thinks they provide more of a benefit than sales numbers. At which point it’s just your opinion versus his. Idk about benefits, but as someone who doesn’t own stock in the developer, they’re certainly more interesting imho than sales.

Also, this idea that you must care about sales to be posting here is complete nonsense. For starters, VGC numbers haven’t been taken seriously in forever. I joined before this current gen started and people were already disregarding VGC. Also, the forum has a sales discussion section. It’s a completely different section than the gaming forums. You’d have a point if this thread were in the sales discussion or was an actual sales thread, but otherwise maybe you shouldn’t be telling people what they should care about because they post here. It’s even weirder when you consider this is a thread about a Microsoft published title you’ll likely never play. 

As someone who has 30 hours in the game thus far, yeah, it IS interesting to read about how many zombies have been killed, and other stats. It’s just PR fluff. Go have a Coke and a smile and try not to take it so seriously :)

First paragraph sure you can think those are more interesting, no issue in that. But you also agreed that in the same line of though he said sales doesn't benefit gamers or change their enjoyment of it, it was also implied that what MS shared would.

This thread and some others he have been in recent past was both sales and review, which both he said he doesn't care. I know there are a lot of people that doesn't care much about sales (even if this is the core of the site), there are others that left when the numbers stopped showing, etc. But you also agreed that to enter sales thread to say you don't care about sales doesn't make much sense even more when that is to disregard the topic in hand.

I entered the thread to see what was the PR for the sales of the game, but it was just some work around that doesn't help us even estimate what were the real sales which is a shame. Because for the X1 even if they didn't gave any numbers they at least said it improved WW after X1X (also doesn't clear if it's revenue or units). Here and in SoT they make it in a way that is really impossible to guess what is sale, what is in X1, etc. Which being the core of the forum and also the thread for discussion doesn't help much.

I haven't take it seriously, and last I remember people in general doesn't even really are capable of comprehending big numbers (which of course they could make easier saying gamers have had 6 snacks and how many zombies each, because there you can directly compare with yourself instead of dividing per the 1M users all the time).

It's PR fluffy and just as you can have fun reading it, others will have fun on seeing how it was made to not tell what they really wanted to see.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Ka-pi96 said:
Good to see it start well. State of Decay is really the ideal zombie game that I've always wanted, so seeing it do well is definitely encouraging that we'll see more of it in the future

Just wish it was playable on Windows 7

Its slightly deceptive.  1 million have played but its not saying much about the overall sales vs gamepass download breakdown.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

And you think to yourself "how many zombies were dealt with", "How many snacks were eaten"?

And you enter sales and review threads for what reason them if you don't care about both?

No Don i dont think about these things, i just play the games and give feedback on my personal experience.

All i am saying is i find these little facts more fun and interesting to read than this game sold this much concept. Nothing good comes from sales aside from arguing and bragging rights. A games quality and fun has never come from sales. 

I much rather read ingame info than info that has zero benefits in my gaming experience. Same goes for reviews. I honestly dont care. 

i have not been able to put it down all weekend, yeah had some bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. patches can fix this game up nicely.

the reviews are not really fair, its $30 game held to a $60 standard. its $30.... they are working on patches and i am looking forward to the dlc. yeah i said dlc.
its not a 10 or 9 by any means, but needs to be revisited after some patches.

also, if it was bethesda it would be seen as "charm", not the hot garbage it is since it takes user made mods to fix them.

LiquorandGunFun said:
i have not been able to put it down all weekend, yeah had some bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. patches can fix this game up nicely.

the reviews are not really fair, its $30 game held to a $60 standard. its $30.... they are working on patches and i am looking forward to the dlc. yeah i said dlc.
its not a 10 or 9 by any means, but needs to be revisited after some patches.

also, if it was bethesda it would be seen as "charm", not the hot garbage it is since it takes user made mods to fix them.

I’m over 30 hours in and I have still only encountered two very minor visual glitches that didn’t affect gameplay at all. The bugs seem very hit or miss. Your $30 price tag point is very good and I agree, the game seems to be getting held to a AAA standard when it’s clearly not a AAA game. I raised that Bethesda point in the review thread and was told gamers started holding Bethesda accountable for their jank with Fallout 4, a game that sold over 13,000,000 copies lol.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

No Don i dont think about these things, i just play the games and give feedback on my personal experience.

All i am saying is i find these little facts more fun and interesting to read than this game sold this much concept. Nothing good comes from sales aside from arguing and bragging rights. A games quality and fun has never come from sales. 

I much rather read ingame info than info that has zero benefits in my gaming experience. Same goes for reviews. I honestly dont care. 

So you really needs to start expressing yourself better and separating your topics.

But great you are enjoying your game.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/patch-1-2-highlighted-changes/

Gargantuan 20GB patch. Includes bug fixes and big QoL changes as well.

I’ve been very lucky, still only had two minor visuals glitches.