By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - H1Z1 Draws Over 1.5 Million Players with the Launch on PS4

LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, PUBG is still going to sell millions when it launches on PS4. Blame Sony and their lackluster early access program, assuming they even have one yet. Has anything besides Ark launches in early access on PS4? Just curious. It’s no surprise they went with MS, it makes good business sense for them. Same with Darwin Project. Same as all the indies that struck deals with PS4 when the gen started, MS made it very easy with their shitty indie policies.

I’ve had this downloaded on my PC for awhile but never got around to trying it. Maybe I’ll give the PS4 beta a whirl.

I do find it just a tad funny how this whole "pub lost" chanting is making it sound like PS4>Xbox/PC/mobile, when really PC sold a lot of PuB, made a lot offFN, and mobile is simply raking it in on both games. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Kerotan said:

"A free beta = a hit."

People said the same about fortnite. But that went onto become the biggest hit since rocket league launch with ps plus on ps4. It brought in 300m for April and that's up from 225m in March. Could possibly hit 500m a month. Fortnite may be free but it appears to be far more successful then pubg not just in terms of players playing "because it's free". 

Oh man, that’s all awesome. Not relevant to my post though. If you’d like to add logical reasons why any of that means PUBG won’t be successful on PS4, feel free. All I’m seeing is “all these Battle Royale games are going to be huge simultaneously and that means PUBG won’t because of reasons” lol.

And again, that’s assuming it’s even possible for PUBG to have launched on PS4 yet even with no MS deal. Which given Sony’s policies and the lack of early access PS4 games, is not a logical assumption.

Ps4 is a software beast. It's unrivaled this gen by it's competitors. Of course pubg will sell. But it missed its chance to boom and with it hundreds of millions have instead been spent on their rivals instead. They missed out big time. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, PUBG is still going to sell millions when it launches on PS4. Blame Sony and their lackluster early access program, assuming they even have one yet. Has anything besides Ark launches in early access on PS4? Just curious. It’s no surprise they went with MS, it makes good business sense for them. Same with Darwin Project. Same as all the indies that struck deals with PS4 when the gen started, MS made it very easy with their shitty indie policies.

I’ve had this downloaded on my PC for awhile but never got around to trying it. Maybe I’ll give the PS4 beta a whirl.

PUBG would have more than doubled the numbers on PS4 if it launched there first.

Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I do find it just a tad funny how this whole "pub lost" chanting is making it sound like PS4>Xbox/PC/mobile, when really PC sold a lot of PuB, made a lot offFN, and mobile is simply raking it in on both games. 

This. PUBG on steam has a concurrent player base of 1.2-2m throughout the afternoon and evening on steam.

http://steamcharts.com

The game also has 60ml daily users on mobile. 50m in China and 10m WW.

The game is also #2 on xbox most played right behind Fortnite.

PUBG is doing really really well. I don't understand all this PUBG is doomed talk.

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh man, that’s all awesome. Not relevant to my post though. If you’d like to add logical reasons why any of that means PUBG won’t be successful on PS4, feel free. All I’m seeing is “all these Battle Royale games are going to be huge simultaneously and that means PUBG won’t because of reasons” lol.

And again, that’s assuming it’s even possible for PUBG to have launched on PS4 yet even with no MS deal. Which given Sony’s policies and the lack of early access PS4 games, is not a logical assumption.

Ps4 is a software beast.

All that neeeds to be said, really. PUBG is still going to do gangbusters on PS4.

Around the Network

I have both and been playing PUBG on Xbox One and H1Z1 open beta on PS4, and I think PUBG will be a really hard Sale with 30$ Price tag when it arrives on PS4.

The games are really similar and the other one is free to play and even performs better.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Errorist76 said:

Sony simply isn't ok with releasing broken and unfinished games to the public. Unlike Microsoft, as everybody can see.

Yet they’ve done it in the past and will do it again in the future. They’re called early access for a reason.

I guess you’re just playing stupid console warz though.

Didn't know Sea of Thieves or State of Decay 2 were Early Access.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 is a software beast.

All that neeeds to be said, really. PUBG is still going to do gangbusters on PS4.

Would love to see it. The more doing gangbusters on the platform the better. 

Panosmies said:
I have both and been playing PUBG on Xbox One and H1Z1 open beta on PS4, and I think PUBG will be a really hard Sale with 30$ Price tag when it arrives on PS4.

The games are really similar and the other one is free to play and even performs better.

Me and all my fortnite buddies have agreed the same. Can't see ourselves buying a battle royale game when it's rivals are free and we are already invested in them. And by the time pubg releases H1Z1 will be out of beta and much improved. 

Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yet they’ve done it in the past and will do it again in the future. They’re called early access for a reason.

I guess you’re just playing stupid console warz though.

Didn't know Sea of Thieves or State of Decay 2 were Early Access.

No different there than GT Sport.

Please take your console warz nonsense elsewhere :)