By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - H1Z1 Draws Over 1.5 Million Players with the Launch on PS4

pokoko said:
I have kind of a funny story about PUBG.

Some CoD-type casuals were talking about games at work. One of them said he heard something about a multiplayer game that was huge on PC coming to consoles. He was clearly talking about PUBG but he didn't know the name. The other guy said, "Yeah, I heard about that, it's called Fortnite, it's supposed to be awesome. Hey, let's give it a try."

The developers of PUBG have no one to blame but themselves for others stealing away sales. PS4, the market leader, doesn't allow hyper-extended beta releases to be sold as finished products? They use some of those millions you've made to hire more programmers so you can stop riding the perpetual "Early Access" train. There really is no excuse for that.

They have blown hundreds of millions by not getting pubg out on ps4. Any smart business would have invested and launched it on ps4. 

pokoko said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

And yet like SoT they’re still changing things around and adding more content. Nothing wrong with that but if you have issue with one “unfinished” game then apply that logic equally :)

Something tells me you won’t though. 

There is no real difference, which is why it's absolutely idiotic to say, "oh, we're Early Access, that's why we can't release on PS4."  It's completely on the developer if they don't want to clean up their code enough to submit for certification and then continue to improve the game after.  

Well said. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

PUBG bet on Xbox.... and lost.

How many sales did they lose by not launching day and date on PS4 as well?
Now its too late, H1Z1 + Forenite are gonna eat it for breakfast.
Plus Call of Duty this year, its done for PUBG.

They didn't bet on anything, Microsoft paid them.

And considering that they have lost a lot of market in the BR genre since that deal was made, then i'm pretty sure that whatever they got paid is way more then their lost revenue. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
Errorist76 said:

GT Sport has an online focus and still had 30 hours of single player at launch already.

And yet like SoT they’re still changing things around and adding more content. Nothing wrong with that but if you have issue with one “unfinished” game then apply that logic equally :)

Mate SOT has 4 weapons, 1 enemy type, and 3 repetitive mission types.

They didn't even try to put content in the game, or have any kind of story telling in the game. 

pokoko said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

There is no real difference, which is why it's absolutely idiotic to say, "oh, we're Early Access, that's why we can't release on PS4."  It's completely on the developer if they don't want to clean up their code enough to submit for certification and then continue to improve the game after.  

Of course it’s up to them whether they want to release the game in early access form or wait until an official release.  They went with the early Access route and that’s why it’s not on PS4. You can have whatever opinion you want in regards to early access, it doesn’t change the reality of the situation. It’s not as if anyone is saying that if they lose revenue it’s Sonys fault, it’s just the reality of early access on PS4. That part is Sony’s fault though, just like MSs shitty indie scene was their own fault.

I’d imagine they’re working on the 1.0 release for both consoles right now.

Yes pubg is the biggest loss its developer has incurred since its existance it makes no profit at all

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Angelv577 said:
Poor pugb developers... they still haven't figure out how to run the game at 30fps on consoles which explain why the game hasn't gone out of game previews. fortnite and h1z1 are filling the need of a battle royale game for ps gamers and at 60fps.

Yeah h1z1 stealing their 60fps thunder on the ps4 Pro anyway. Crazy to think the pubg developers are still struggling to hit 30. They could of had a massive hit on ps4 but instead their rivals are stealing their thunder. Next up to take more of their market, black ops battle royale. Possibly battlefield and who knows what other games coming at e3. Nobody waits in this industry. Think fast, move faster, semper fi! 

Exactly.  Time is running out to take advantage of the ps4 owners who are into battle royale which is alot.

I doubt bluehole is really losing sleep over all of this.

-over 30 million copies sold on PC, over 5 million sold on Xbox
-peak concurrence of over 1.5 million each day on pc.
-over 10 million players a day for pubg mobile (not including China)

If PS4 doesn't need pubg, let's say the vice-versa is also true.

edit: congrats to H1Z1. Heard the game died on PC, so nice to see them make a comeback.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Kerotan said:
Aeolus451 said:
Hmm it's free to play? Guess I'll give it a try.

Yeah it's free like fortnite. Still in beta. Like a mode arcadey version of pubg. 

Downloading it now. I hope it turns out good.

Aeolus451 said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah it's free like fortnite. Still in beta. Like a mode arcadey version of pubg. 

Downloading it now. I hope it turns out good.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Addicted to fortnite 

Well that was fast...