By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92
Mr.GameCrazy said:
Azuren said:

The funny part is you probably legitimately think you've won something. Protip: that's a L you keep grabbing. Here's looking forward to you continuing to have no grasp of your surroundings.

And no, I don't need to see it to tell you it has identity politics in it because Kasdan already publicly admitted there's identity politics in it:

https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/997684135933050880?s=19

The fact that these garbage standpoints are in this movie (and confirmed to be in there by the writer, so please stop with the "no it isn't, watch it" bullshit) means that I don't want to watch it. Keep your Marxist propaganda to yourself.

I feel like this identity politics thing is more like what Jon Kasdan thinks about Lando than what was actually in the film. I say this because I didn't see any indication of him being pan-sexual in the film itself. Regardless, I respect your decision to not watch it.

It's not always so much about what is in the film, but the actions of the crew involved with making it.  People are tired of filmmakers using the SW universe to push their political agenda both on and off the screen.  It doesn't help that anyone who disagrees with them, even if civilly done, are ridiculed and called bigots.  It's really turning off a good chunk of the fanbase from the product.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I feel like this identity politics thing is more like what Jon Kasdan thinks about Lando than what was actually in the film. I say this because I didn't see any indication of him being pan-sexual in the film itself. Regardless, I respect your decision to not watch it.

It's not always so much about what is in the film, but the actions of the crew involved with making it.  People are tired of filmmakers using the SW universe to push their political agenda both on and off the screen.  It doesn't help that anyone who disagrees with them, even if civilly done, are ridiculed and called bigots.  It's really turning off a good chunk of the fanbase from the product.

That's understandable. I honestly thought it was dumb that Jon Kasdan said that Lando is pansexual since Lando never came across as that to me when I watched the original trilogy for the first time (this was before I watched TFA 2 years ago and was aware of what pansexual meant). Same with Solo: A Star Wars Story. Personally, I enjoyed it. I hope they keep making more Star Wars Story films, but I don't know if that will happen due to Solo bombing.

Mr.Playstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think we all agree its okay to pirate games from big evil companies as long as they push liberal agendas.

Either way, people tend to protest things they don't care for by not contributing to it. You can essentially learn everything about the Solo movie by simply reading some reviews and summaries about it. So you can become informed before throwing money at it.

On a side note, the SJW nonsense injected into Spiderman: Homecoming was also pretty annoying. Disney has an agenda and they have to consider its going to push customers away.

What SJW nonsense? 

I googled it and the only things that come up are a diverse cast and that Washington Monument joke. Not even close to being SJW.

I think the movie was pretty overt in what it was doing. MJ is an SJW and the cast was also very diverse for the sake of pandering. But in retrospect it wasn't actually that bad, perhaps just noticing these things left an impression on me. it certainly wasn't as bad as Black Panther which was nearing insufferable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Am i the only person who liked The Last Jedi?
It was the chance to spend another 2 hours in the Star Wars universe and it forged a new path for the series. People had decided at was going to be like Episode V all over again but how boring would that have been really? The uproar because it had an Asian girl in it etc etc was a joke.
Am I however concerned about Disney milking the crap out of this franchise. It's interesting to see that at this stage they've confirmed nothing until Episode IX which is 18 months away so that's a good move IMO.
The Marvel franchise is making massive money and I congratulate them on that, but that doesn't necessarily make them good movies. I've enjoyed some of them for sure but there are plenty that have sucked IMO. I just saw the trailer for Ant Man & The Wasp.... I think I'm washing my hair that night sorry....

tripenfall said:
It was the chance to spend another 2 hours in the Star Wars universe and it forged a new path for the series. People had decided at was going to be like Episode V all over again but how boring would that have been really? The uproar because it had an Asian girl in it etc etc was a joke.
Am I however concerned about Disney milking the crap out of this franchise. It's interesting to see that at this stage they've confirmed nothing until Episode IX which is 18 months away so that's a good move IMO.
The Marvel franchise is making massive money and I congratulate them on that, but that doesn't necessarily make them good movies. I've enjoyed some of them for sure but there are plenty that have sucked IMO. I just saw the trailer for Ant Man & The Wasp.... I think I'm washing my hair that night sorry....

Uproar because of an Asian girl? What are you talking about? 

I didn't dislike TLJ while watching it. But the more I thought about it afterward, the more it made me cringe. They could have made a good movie with it. But they took only bad decisions at the critical moments. 

Carrie Fisher is dead? Well, here is a great scene of her son refusing to kill her and seeing her killed by someone else. Nice hommage to the actress, nice character development moment for Kylo. Nope, the Force allows you to fly in space, how cool is that!.... Ridiculous. 

2 characters escape the rebels/empire war and could show us new protagonists and another perspective? Nope, rich people are bad and let's save some horses! 

Kylo kills Snoke and his guards and shows some great character development, he's going to the light, great! Nope, nevermind, let's bring him back to the monominded villain. And let's forget the entire backstory of Snoke and the Order while we're at it. 

Remember our bad ass female Stormtrooper captain that everyone thought was underused in the last movie? She's back! Oh, she's dead now. Nevermind.

One of the heroes who's been treated like a piece of sh*t during the entire movie finally has the opportunity to do something cool and has a plan to save everyone! Oh, no, he's definitely a POS who should have guessed that the woman in charge, who appeared out of nowhere by the way, already planned everything and was going to save everyone. Oh, and she's going to destroy an entire fleet by sacrificing only her own life, no rebel ever thought of that before, too bad!

Finn has a golden opportunity to sacrifice himself too and conclude in a great way his character arc, saving the rebels from his former comrades. Nope, the entirely shoehorned love interest will save him with some 5 years old "Killing is bad, saving is love" philosophy. Let's forget that the entire saga is about people fighting to the death for their beliefs. Hollywood obligatory love scene. And they're going to survive just the 2 of them in the middle of the battleground by the way, easy!

And while we're brainstorming on drugs about what the Force can do, let's make an illusion of Luke save everyone (because the First Order doesn't have any sensors able to see through an illusion, and Kylo can't sense sh*t). Oh, and the illusion will kill Luke afterward for some reason. Classy and heroic way to end the story of the most iconic and popular character of the saga.

You want to know what you should expect in the future? An unknown kid nobody cares about can move a broom with his mind! How crazy! Reserve your Star Wars IX tickets now to know what will happen to him!

I obviously forgot other things. Yep, you're right, the female Asian character (who is a terrible character for every reason other than her race) is the main reason people dislike the movie. 

Last edited by Faelco - on 31 May 2018

Around the Network
Maxosaurus-rex said:
Mr.Playstation said:

What SJW nonsense? 

I googled it and the only things that come up are a diverse cast and that Washington Monument joke. Not even close to being SJW.

People think they made MJ not white. Michelle was a SJW but that was her character. I don't believe the movie was pushing that message. 

I did not watch the movie because I gave up on spiderman on movies. Didnt know there was a problem with mary jane. So I went to search who was cast as MJ and... WTF????? really... WTF????? 

Why do it???? Why? 

Sjw dont want to just promote inclusion in movies, which would be ok... they want to push it through you thoat and want you to swalow it smiling. 

EnricoPallazzo said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

People think they made MJ not white. Michelle was a SJW but that was her character. I don't believe the movie was pushing that message. 

I did not watch the movie because I gave up on spiderman on movies. Didnt know there was a problem with mary jane. So I went to search who was cast as MJ and... WTF????? really... WTF????? 

Why do it???? Why? 

Sjw dont want to just promote inclusion in movies, which would be ok... they want to push it through you thoat and want you to swalow it smiling. 

It's not MJ. It was an homage. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Mr.Playstation said:

What SJW nonsense? 

I think the movie was pretty overt in what it was doing. MJ is an SJW and the cast was also very diverse for the sake of pandering. But in retrospect it wasn't actually that bad, perhaps just noticing these things left an impression on me. it certainly wasn't as bad as Black Panther which was nearing insufferable.

Didnt even mind with Spider man homecoming I think diversity works in something like Spiderman Homecoming because its not forced in your face. It feels like they actually chose the best actors available. Black panther was an okay movie but it being regarded as the movie that ´put black film makers on the map´ hurts to hear when you got movies like Selma or Creed (Also directed by ryan Coogler) that just blow this movie out of the water (In my opinion ofcourse) yet this is the movie that apparantly ´showed the rest of the world´

Let's try not to make this thread about too many other movies. Keep it Star Wars

Last edited by Angelus - on 31 May 2018

Faelco said:
tripenfall said:

Uproar because of an Asian girl? What are you talking about? 

I didn't dislike TLJ while watching it. But the more I thought about it afterward, the more it made me cringe. They could have made a good movie with it. But they took only bad decisions at the critical moments. 

Carrie Fisher is dead? Well, here is a great scene of her son refusing to kill her and seeing her killed by someone else. Nice hommage to the actress, nice character development moment for Kylo. Nope, the Force allows you to fly in space, how cool is that!.... Ridiculous. 

2 characters escape the rebels/empire war and could show us new protagonists and another perspective? Nope, rich people are bad and let's save some horses! 

Kylo kills Snoke and his guards and shows some great character development, he's going to the light, great! Nope, nevermind, let's bring him back to the monominded villain. And let's forget the entire backstory of Snoke and the Order while we're at it. 

Remember our bad ass female Stormtrooper captain that everyone thought was underused in the last movie? She's back! Oh, she's dead now. Nevermind.

One of the heroes who's been treated like a piece of sh*t during the entire movie finally has the opportunity to do something cool and has a plan to save everyone! Oh, no, he's definitely a POS who should have guessed that the woman in charge, who appeared out of nowhere by the way, already planned everything and was going to save everyone. Oh, and she's going to destroy an entire fleet by sacrificing only her own life, no rebel ever thought of that before, too bad!

Finn has a golden opportunity to sacrifice himself too and conclude in a great way his character arc, saving the rebels from his former comrades. Nope, the entirely shoehorned love interest will save him with some 5 years old "Killing is bad, saving is love" philosophy. Let's forget that the entire saga is about people fighting to the death for their beliefs. Hollywood obligatory love scene. And they're going to survive just the 2 of them in the middle of the battleground by the way, easy!

And while we're brainstorming on drugs about what the Force can do, let's make an illusion of Luke save everyone (because the First Order doesn't have any sensors able to see through an illusion, and Kylo can't sense sh*t). Oh, and the illusion will kill Luke afterward for some reason. Classy and heroic way to end the story of the most iconic and popular character of the saga.

You want to know what you should expect in the future? An unknown kid nobody cares about can move a broom with his mind! How crazy! Reserve your Star Wars IX tickets now to know what will happen to him!

I obviously forgot other things. Yep, you're right, the female Asian character (who is a terrible character for every reason other than her race) is the main reason people dislike the movie. 

I'm talking about all the people who somehow feel threatened because TLJ has a female lead, a "bad guy" that isn't super masculine, an Asian character in a lead role in a Star Wars movie for the first time who has a kiss with a black man. It blows my mind that we have to talk about this but for thousands of people this seemed to be the reason they hated the movie.

These are the same people (in this thread there's a few) who won't even watch Solo because Lando is a pan sexual. WTF? I've seen it twice and if there's a scene where that occurs I must have missed it. The movie goes to great lengths to describe him as a ladies man - think for yourselves people. The part where the droid talks about liking him is a scene to try and reinforce the fact droids were self aware and thinking for themselves....a trope used in countless shows like Westworld or movies like Terminator.

I'm not saying you should like this movie - but RELAX it's a movie. This xenophobia that runs rampant on these sites is a disgrace....