By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92

HitB reviewed the film for those interested. Warning, contains spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPPxQnaGDY

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGPolyglot said:

If he ends up watching a pirated version, fair enough, but considering how much he railed on people pirating video games it'd be pretty ironic.

I think we all agree its okay to pirate games from big evil companies as long as they push liberal agendas.

Either way, people tend to protest things they don't care for by not contributing to it. You can essentially learn everything about the Solo movie by simply reading some reviews and summaries about it. So you can become informed before throwing money at it.

On a side note, the SJW nonsense injected into Spiderman: Homecoming was also pretty annoying. Disney has an agenda and they have to consider its going to push customers away.

Still haven't seen Spiderman: Homecoming but the overall consensus is that it is a much better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 plus it did better at the box office with a smaller budget.  

Mr Puggsly said:
VGPolyglot said:

If he ends up watching a pirated version, fair enough, but considering how much he railed on people pirating video games it'd be pretty ironic.

I think we all agree its okay to pirate games from big evil companies as long as they push liberal agendas.

Either way, people tend to protest things they don't care for by not contributing to it. You can essentially learn everything about the Solo movie by simply reading some reviews and summaries about it. So you can become informed before throwing money at it.

On a side note, the SJW nonsense injected into Spiderman: Homecoming was also pretty annoying. Disney has an agenda and they have to consider its going to push customers away.

What SJW nonsense? 

I googled it and the only things that come up are a diverse cast and that Washington Monument joke. Not even close to being SJW.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Chris Hu said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Still haven't seen Spiderman: Homecoming but the overall consensus is that it is a much better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 plus it did better at the box office with a smaller budget.  

I don't remember any SJW stuff if in it but thought it was pretty average overall. Didn't hate it, didn't love it, was fine. Micheal Keaton I guess was cool?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Chris Hu said:

I don't remember any SJW stuff if in it but thought it was pretty average overall. Didn't hate it, didn't love it, was fine. Micheal Keaton I guess was cool?

Well The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a terrible movie on all levels (I wold give it 3/10 stars).  So they really didn't have to try hard to make Spiderman: Homecoming a better movie. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
epicurean said:

Well The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a terrible movie on all levels (I wold give it 3/10 stars).  So they really didn't have to try hard to make Spiderman: Homecoming a better movie. 

Oh, I wasn't trying to disagree, just giving my take. I don't think I saw AS2 so I couldn't really judge.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Mr.Playstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

What SJW nonsense? 

I googled it and the only things that come up are a diverse cast and that Washington Monument joke. Not even close to being SJW.

People think they made MJ not white. Michelle was a SJW but that was her character. I don't believe the movie was pushing that message. 

KLAMarine said:

HitB reviewed the film for those interested. Warning, contains spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPPxQnaGDY

I had thought the Star Wars brand was strong enough to carry any film with its name on it despite personally not being interested.  I guess audiences around the globe aren't that excited about Solo.  I'll be curious how IX does next year.

Some of these scenes really look murky, like ungraded f-log video. Someone seems to have forgotten how to edit colors and contrast levels.

Last edited by numberwang - on 30 May 2018

Tue numbers are in. Solo made $7.3M, dropping below $8M on Day 5. RO did not drop below $8M til Day 19. Currently Solo is 42% down from RO at the DBO. If this holds, it will end up making $308.66M at the DBO. If the FBO percentage holds, it will make just $503.52M WW.

Considering Solo's first Tue was down 58.5% from RO's first Tue, that 42% will grow. The percentage FBO makes up will also decrease, as US/Canada are the only countries that really seem to be supporting this film at all. It made just $6.59M from the entire FBO on Mon.