By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92

Reading the plot summary (as I was never that fussed at the film), the only thing I find interesting is Darth Maul's cameo at the end. I know he dies in Rebels but it still seems like he was plotting from the end of the Clone Wars up until he got stuck on Malachor. Hopefully a thread Disney pull on rather than just leaving it as fan service.

- Mod edit, spoilers

Carl

Around the Network
melbye said:
After being so utterly disappointed with Last Jedi and the attitude from some people i have no interest in seeing it, will probably wait until the Blu-Ray. I think the boxoffice will be below what Disney wants, but it won't lose money

Reportedly the production budget was $250M, meaning they have to make $500M+ to break even on that.  That doesn't even include the marketing budget, though.  So, they probably have to make ~$750M-$800M+ to break even.  So, yea, it probably won't lose money, unless its legs are very poor, but it will be yet another disappointment. 

Have to wait and see.  I definitely will be tracking its progress in this thread. 

SecondWar said:
Reading the plot summary (as I was never that fussed at the film), the only thing I find interesting is Darth Maul's cameo at the end. I know he dies in Rebels but it still seems like he was plotting from the end of the Clone Wars up until he got stuck on Malachor. Hopefully a thread Disney pull on rather than just leaving it as fan service.

Spoilers dude.

I'll edit your post to fix.

Watched it at midnight showing last night, was fucking terrible. From the characters to the story, only Harrelson and vision were semi interesting.

From the way solo is named.... It should be the most common second name in the universe.

Many scenes had me audibly facepalming including that spoil texted thing above... It's just a mess and doesn't fit with the solo we meet in mos eisley at all.

Also regarding ticket sales, the one screen it was showing at midnight here was almost empty. There was at most 20-30 in there. That same screen (and others) was full to capacity for both Deadpool and infinity wars midnight and advance screenings.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 24 May 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I want to watch it, but it's exam season, so I can't see it in theather.
It'll do ok, because it's Star Wars. TLJ did nothing to damage Star Wars, that's just a fiction of the vocal minority.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
It'll do ok, because it's Star Wars. TLJ did nothing to damage Star Wars, that's just a fiction of the vocal minority.

What plot arcs do you want answered from ep9 though? They pretty much wrapped up everything of interest with tlj, I can't think of a reason to watch it and I'm the person that was at a midnight showing of solo, feel if they don't sell this to me it's gonna be rough.

Could be wrong of course if they pull ito something huge..... Vader getting rivived or something deep to leave people walking away from it thinking "what next" a movie should always try to get people hyped to see where a story goes for the follow ups.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

WolfpackN64 said:

TLJ was shit, and you can see by how it did at the box office compared to TFA. 

areason said:
WolfpackN64 said:

TLJ was shit, and you can see by how it did at the box office compared to TFA. 

This is an idiotic argument that refuses to look at the context of the situation.

Ganoncrotch said:

Watched it at midnight showing last night, was fucking terrible. From the characters to the story, only Harrison and vision were semi interesting.

From the way solo is named.... It should be the most common second name in the universe.

Many scenes had me audibly facepalming including that spoil texted thing above... It's just a mess and doesn't fit with the solo we meet in mos eisley at all.

Also regarding ticket sales, the one screen it was showing at midnight here was almost empty. There was at most 20-30 in there. That same screen (and others) was full to capacity for both Deadpool and infinity wars midnight and advance screenings.

Yea, I've been hearing a lot about screenings only being about half full, while they were either mostly full or completely full for IW and Deadpool.

BTW, have you seen Han Solo: A Smuggler's Trade?  Pretty good fan short, with a much better Solo.

WolfpackN64 said:

~$735.7M lower BO than TFA and lower toy sales says otherwise.

my take as a whole is that Star Wars was never good to begin with, and still generally isnt.

as for Solo specifically i think its pretty obvious what happened - Han Solo was a very popular Star Wars character. they then killed him off in the new trilogy. they then went and made a spinoff prequel story with him as the main character. there are a million different ways to describe why that was a bad idea, and now its back to bite them. honestly the whole sequel trilogy and spinoffs just give me "we made these movies solely because we knew you nerds would spend money on it" vibes