By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GOW Exceeded 5 Million Sales In One Month

Aeolus451 said:
quickrick said:

Not really. MGSV, and resident evil 7 are especially polished 60fps locked games. the other games are huge open world games, that are doing so many things, but how high quality a game is depends on the a person opinion to a certain degree. if your talking about graphics though then i agree.

That's two out of five but the others lack polish and are buggy. I never played MGSV or resident evil 7 so I'll take your word on bugs/polish. I'm using GoW as the ideal standard of quality and polish btw.

yea i can see your point, i really want to play the game, but its so expensive in colombia, gonna wait till my friend comes back in 2 months. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's two out of five but the others lack polish and are buggy. I never played MGSV or resident evil 7 so I'll take your word on bugs/polish. I'm using GoW as the ideal standard of quality and polish btw.

yea i can see your point, i really want to play the game, but its so expensive in colombia, gonna wait till my friend comes back in 2 months. 

Hmm. They won't let ya ship it? Hopefully, you can play it sooner. It's definitely setting a high bar for other games. 

Aeolus451 said:
quickrick said:

Hmm. They won't let ya ship it? Hopefully, you can play it sooner. It's definitely setting a high bar for other games. 

Its like 25$ to get it shipped and i'm cheap, lol.

Heads up to everyone in the US who prefer Amazon. GoW is actually in stock for an extended period the first time in awhile. Why not make the sales bigger? ;)

https://www.amazon.com/God-War-Playstation-4/dp/B01GW8XOY2/ref=zg_bs_videogames_32?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HGMAK02QFYRY0597BBCJ

Astonishing Numbers

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

amazing sales its beaten every other gow. and they say single player games are dead

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

quickrick said:
Aeolus451 said:
Only exclusive games can have that degree of quality. I'm just glad it's getting sales equal to it.

I disagree, MGSV, GTAV, red dead, resident evil 7  and witcher 3 were amazing games to me just name a few.

Exceptions aren't the rule.

Hunting Season is done...

Barkley said:

God of War 3 - 5.2m in 2 years.
God of War (PS4) - 5m in 1 month.

:|

Halo 5 - 5m (shipped?) in 3months.
God of War - 5m (sold) in 1 month.

pitzy272 said:

Is superdata accurate? If so, GoW’s numbers are even crazier than I was thinking. Greg Miller on the KFG Daily show for today quoted superdata that GoW—for April alone—did 2.1 mil sales DIGITALLY. And this DOUBLED the previous PS exclusive record holder, which was Uncharted 4. If true, that’s insane.

edit:  found the article:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-24-fortnite-god-of-war-break-monthly-revenue-records-superdata

100% this means the 1 "month" = april (10days) and not 30days of sales then.
That is nuts (but what I  thought it was, because sales data times time to collect, and its barely been a month)

Any chance we can change title of thread to "PS4: GOW Exceeded 5 Million Sales In One Month (April)"

JRPGfan said:
pitzy272 said:

Is superdata accurate? If so, GoW’s numbers are even crazier than I was thinking. Greg Miller on the KFG Daily show for today quoted superdata that GoW—for April alone—did 2.1 mil sales DIGITALLY. And this DOUBLED the previous PS exclusive record holder, which was Uncharted 4. If true, that’s insane.

edit:  found the article:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-24-fortnite-god-of-war-break-monthly-revenue-records-superdata

100% this means the 1 "month" = april (10days) and not 30days of sales then.
That is nuts (but what I  thought it was, because sales data times time to collect, and its barely been a month)

Any chance we can change title of thread to "PS4: GOW Exceeded 5 Million Sales In One Month (April)"

Yeah, if SuperData is accurate and GoW sold 2.1m digitally in April alone, then the 5m figure is clearly for just April, a.k.a 11 days of sales.

Which is mindblowing.

3 days - 3.1m
11 days - 5m

Could be right.