By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GOW Exceeded 5 Million Sales In One Month

Is superdata accurate? If so, GoW’s numbers are even crazier than I was thinking. Greg Miller on the KFG Daily show for today quoted superdata that GoW—for April alone—did 2.1 mil sales DIGITALLY. And this DOUBLED the previous PS exclusive record holder, which was Uncharted 4. If true, that’s insane.

edit:  found the article:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-24-fortnite-god-of-war-break-monthly-revenue-records-superdata

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 24 May 2018

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:

Is superdata accurate? If so, GoW’s numbers are even crazier than I was thinking. Greg Miller on the KFG Daily show for today quoted superdata that GoW—for April alone—did 2.1 mil sales DIGITALLY. And this DOUBLED the previous PS exclusive record holder, which was Uncharted 4. If true, that’s insane.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-24-fortnite-god-of-war-break-monthly-revenue-records-superdata

It would match with 5M in April alone. The game was sold out in some places, so a high digital rate was expected. 

So, 5M in 10 days? Really impressive and well deserved. 

Faelco said:
pitzy272 said:

It would match with 5M in April alone. The game was sold out in some places, so a high digital rate was expected. 

So, 5M in 10 days? Really impressive and well deserved. 

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well, but mainly due to the Amazon BS. Just heard that it’s likely to be a disagreement over money/percentages. Just not sure why there would be a problem with Sony but not MS or Nintendo. 

Wow, that's insanely high, I wonder where it will end lifetime.

Only exclusive games can have that degree of quality. I'm just glad it's getting sales equal to it.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

God of War 3 - 5.2m in 2 years.
God of War (PS4) - 5m in 1 month.

:|

The powa of the ps4. Epic. 

Apparently digital sales are over 2m. Playstation is literally a gold mine right now. 

Aeolus451 said:
Only exclusive games can have that degree of quality. I'm just glad it's getting sales equal to it.

I disagree, MGSV, GTAV, red dead, resident evil 7  and witcher 3 were amazing games to me just name a few.

quickrick said:
Aeolus451 said:

I disagree, MGSV, GTAV, red dead, resident evil 7  and witcher 3 were amazing games to me just name a few.

Aren't alot of those buggy and lack comparable polish to GoW? Btw, I'm not saying those games aren't good.

Aeolus451 said:
quickrick said:

Aren't alot of those buggy and lack comparable polish to GoW? Btw, I'm not saying those games aren't good.

Not really. MGSV, and resident evil 7 are especially polished 60fps locked games. the other games are huge open world games, that are doing so many things, but how high quality a game is depends on the a person opinion to a certain degree. if your talking about graphics though then i agree.

quickrick said:
Aeolus451 said:

Not really. MGSV, and resident evil 7 are especially polished 60fps locked games. the other games are huge open world games, that are doing so many things, but how high quality a game is depends on the a person opinion to a certain degree. if your talking about graphics though then i agree.

That's two out of five but the others lack polish and are buggy. I never played MGSV or resident evil 7 so I'll take your word on bugs/polish. I'm using GoW as the ideal standard of quality and polish btw.