By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VI Vs Chrono Trigger:- Whos the king of SNES RPGs?

Earthbound

Want proof? I dont see a site completely devoted to the remake/translation of everything Mother that has made such an impact because of a game like Earthbound.

Dont believe me, then go find out about the revolution. www.starmen.net

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

Mana (considering multilayer!!)

otherwise:

1) FFVI - I actually thought I had beaten the game at the world end thinggy, that probably helps my feeling about the game...

2) Mana (without MP)

3) Chrono Trigger - Loved everything about it

4) Zelda (actually finished the game before receiving it for Christmas... thanks mom for letting me try the console =) - just a bit too short compared to the others.

5) Mario RPG - fun and original but not epic as the others.

Earthbount was just lacking something for me... and didn't get the chance to play the dragon quests (viva europa) 

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

celine said:
Chrono Trigger although for the crown of Snes RPG genre there are other awesome games to consider like Terranigma and Dragon Quest 6.

the SNES library is full of quality RPGs ,i know

just used the two which i loved the most and maybe have the biggest following and generally held in high regard

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
celine said:
Chrono Trigger although for the crown of Snes RPG genre there are other awesome games to consider like Terranigma and Dragon Quest 6.

the SNES library is full of quality RPGs ,i know

just used the two which i loved the most and maybe have the biggest following and generally held in high regard

both FFVI and CT are indeed held in very high regard and are two of the most popular Japanese RPGs of all time

I'll vote for FFVI !

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

FFVI

And I never understand why people love the opera scene =/.

If it was between these two games I would say Chrono Trigger but my honorable mentions include:

Breath of Fire 2
Lufia 2
Terranigma (BGNTBRS)
First Star Ocean
secret of Mana

twesterm said:

The game has quite possible the best villain ever.

If you're referring to Kefka, I actually think he was one of the worst parts of Final Fantasy VI because he was a walking cliche with zero character depth.

Anyway, best SNES RPG is too hard to narrow down for me.

Best Story - Lufia 2.  Earthbound is a close second.

Best Gameplay -  Chrono Trigger (turn-based) and Secret of Mana (non-turn-based).

Best Graphics - Chrono Trigger is tied with Seiken Densetsu III.

Best Soundtrack - 3 way tie (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and FFVI).

Most Replay Value - Chrono Trigger followed by Lufia 2.

Best Humor - Earthbound.

Most Interesting Enemies - Earthbound.

...okay I added those last two just to have more Earthbound.  ^_^

Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:

If you're referring to Kefka, I actually think he was one of the worst parts of Final Fantasy VI because he was a walking cliche with zero character depth.

Anyway, best SNES RPG is too hard to narrow down for me.

Best Story - Lufia 2. Earthbound is a close second.

Best Gameplay - Chrono Trigger (turn-based) and Secret of Mana (non-turn-based).

Best Graphics - Chrono Trigger is tied with Seiken Densetsu III.

Best Soundtrack - 3 way tie (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and FFVI).

Most Replay Value - Chrono Trigger followed by Lufia 2.

Best Humor - Earthbound.

Most Interesting Enemies - Earthbound.

...okay I added those last two just to have more Earthbound. ^_^

From what I have heard, Lufia 2 might have a good story but Final Fantasy VI is suppose to have one of the best stories in the series and the characters are deep and memorable though I never actually played it. When it comes to story, I am pretty sure its Final Fantasy VI in first,Final Fantasy IV in second, and Chrono Trigger in third

Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:

Villains don't always need a lot of depth to be scary.  Kefka is just pure evil (Evil doesn't need a purpose, evil is its own purpose) and he's one of the few villains that you see go from lackey to godhood in the timespan of the game.

Sure, a villain who massacres a church audience because he's upset God took away his son or a villain that slaughters a family and rapes the daughter because he thought they were meant to be are both pretty scary but I'm much more afraid of the person that kills someone because it's Tuesday.