By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo blocking Online-functions for hacked Switches

Apparently has Nintendo blocked some online-functionality for Switches that show usage of exploits of the Tegra-chip. E-Shop, online gaming, friends will be blocked, news and updates are still available.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/nintendo_bans_online_services_for_prominent_hackers_switch_console

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

*gasp*

No way!

RolStoppable said:
It's going to be sad for pirates if they can't buy games from the eShop anymore.

They'll eventually just make a Freeshop again, which will eventually be shut down by Nintendo, and the cycle will continue.

OP

This was to be expected. And I'm sure most hackers knew what they were getting into. But at least for now, we can rest easy in games like Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8. This is the best news to come out of this.

With paid online coming I don't even know if those who are modding their Nintendo Switch will even care.

It's just a dry run for when they take away online from everyone. It's a big thing and they've never done that before, so it's only prudent to practice.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Good, I see no down side to this news

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Good news, hackers can ruin online gaming with hackers ruining everyone fun (auto aim, god mode etc).

34 years playing games.

CaptainExplosion said:
Teriol said:
Good news, hackers can ruin online gaming with hackers ruining everyone fun (auto aim, god mode etc).

You mean they CAN'T ruin everyone's fun?

They (hackers) can ruin games by ingame hacks.

34 years playing games.

I mean that's a given that they'd block hacked Switches... really, the only thing that concerned me about the hacked Switch thing was the potential for cheating in multiplayer games, so I'm glad they're being proactive about it.

Otherwise, I'm tempted to buy a second switch to put Linux on and mess around with lol

Teriol said:

God mode should not be possible in any decent online game these days since damage is calculated server side. Really the only thing possible these days should be overlays like aim assist and macros.

Last edited by vivster - on 24 May 2018

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.