By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 20): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 14-20, 2018

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

It's no longer having massive stock issues. That was when it was selling 5k a week. Now the stock issues are preventing it from hitting say 20k. That would be my guess. 

The system is long over due a price cut in Japan so the sales make sense. I think Sony guessed ps4 would sell decent without a cut because of mhw so they held off. But it badly needs a cut this November at the latest. 

Oh thats great then. I thought it was still having those issues. 

You thought it was still having those issues? Then why isn't it selling 5k a week? Did you really think that?

Imo it's only got small supply issues. A few thousand at most. 

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Jranation said:

God of War didnt explode in Japan. While if the PS4 still have stock issues.... Sounds like Sony is neglecting Japan......

Neglecting Japan would mean not releasing games like God of War at all.  When its all said and done, it'll be the highest selling in the franchise there (and that goes for many Western games released in Japan).  While consoles sales are subpar, they are many factors.  The PS4 entered its downward trajectory in terms of sales, its too expensive, the Japanese moving away from traditional home consoles, you name it.

Oh okay. I guess negelecting = PSvita was too strong of a word to describe the PS4 stock issues. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Oh thats great then. I thought it was still having those issues. 

You thought it was still having those issues? Then why isn't it selling 5k a week? Did you really think that?

It never did 5k a week? It was mostly around 10k - 15k. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

Did it not a few weeks back? 

Lowest it got was 9k I believe. There was a week or 2 where the base model was ~4-5k but the Pro model was higher making it > 10k for the week.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Megiddo said:
Lowest it got was 9k I believe. There was a week or 2 where the base model was ~4-5k but the Pro model was higher making it > 10k for the week.

Yep. Thankyou for that. I think Kerotan was confusing it with the Original + Slim PS4 SKU, while forgetting the PS4 Pro SKU. On some charts they are not added together. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

Megiddo said:

Yep. Thankyou for that. I think Kerotan was confusing it with the Original + Slim PS4 SKU, while forgetting the PS4 Pro SKU. On some charts they are not added together. 

Yes I was thinking of just the Slim model. It dropped to 4k. 

Horrible software numbers, #20 is only in the 1000s?