By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Media Molecule Working On LBP4? [Speculation]

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
After LBP3, i sincerely hope they arent. But if they are, then unless something drastically changes in formula, im staying far far away.

They didn't make LBP3 though.

oh right, that was sumo right?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
GribbleGrunger said:

They didn't make LBP3 though.

oh right, that was sumo right?

Yes, it was Sumo Digital. I don't think there's going to be LBP4 though, it just made for a catchier thread title. :)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

yeah they have been invested in Dreams for awhile, i was thinking that too.

It's certainly a capable engine and toolset and Healey has said on more than one occasion they're thinking of allowing people to export their creations as a standalone game. That could be how they plan on making money from Dreams. Allow people to sell their games on PSN (quality controlled of course) and take royalties. 

This is what I am really excited about. As far as I understand, they are allowing us to create games around any controller we want as well. Hoping we can make something like Sports Champions using the PS Move, or an FPS using the PS Aim. 

If they allow people to create and sell, that will drive a lot more creators, and equal, a lot more content on PS Store. I also hope it will allow people to create non gaming apps as well. If people could already build complex calculators in LBP, then I don't see what would stop someone from do so in Dreams. 

As for them Working on LBP. I don't think they will go back to that franchise. I do think they will make LBP levels in Dreams though. Having Sackboy, Oddsock, Swoop, and Toggle appear in Dreams, would show the diversity of the creation tools, and also draw the LBP fans to the new IP.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

zkp said:
MM should try make new Sly Cooper or Jak and Daxter. They are very talented and creative.

oh god MM is so perfect for sly but they are really small. 

I'd give it to sony japan. 

Wait, wait, there was a lbp3?

Around the Network

LBP jumping into 3D level creation will be huge!111

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

LBP jumping into 3D level creation will be huge!111

They're already doing that and it's called Dreams.

The PS5 Exists. 

That sounds like smaller titles. Don't think they can afford to develop 2 titles at once. They are a small studio.

MAKE A PROPER STORY MODE CAMPAIGN DAMN IT!!!!

Dont depend on user generated content as the perk for your game to sell, because it wont.

the-pi-guy said:
Where is this from?

looks like it's from their FY2017 financial report they released in Jan of this year