By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which dormant Sony ip you want to see an AAA reboot of

Jak & Daxter.

Around the Network

Siren

freebs2 said:
Jak & Daxter.

this.

with how amazing rachet and clank was on ps4 recently, i would love to see it.

Twisted Metal is the only IP that would make my buy a PS4, so that's my answer. That's exactly what happened in the last generation, when I had only bought a PS3 when Twisted Metal (2012) launched.

BraLoD needs his The Legend of Dragoon, I say give it to him.

Around the Network

A 4th game from Fumito Ueda would be great. I would hate to know that The Last Guardian is his last game. So yeah a 4th game would be great, also what is the guy doing these days? Now that TLG is done what is he busy with?

MasterThief said:

Gonna start with Omega Boost. With anime cutscenes by Ghibli or similar studio

Omega Boost was a Sony IP? god dammit these guys have so many great franchises dormant that i wanna see live again.

I would love a AAA Remake, Prequel or Sequel of LOD, in Cel shaded anime style, (though i wouldnt complain if they used realistic graphics either).

Resistance
SOCOM (won't happen with Zipper going under, though)
Jak and Daxter
Syphon Filter

The Legend of Dragoon

Gosh there are just so many to choose from.

Until Horizon, Sony has chosen to not internally support one of their biggest genre staples. RPGs are what makes Playstation for me so I would most want them to do something with that.

Legend of Dragoon is a prime candidate for a total reboot. I am thinking White Knight Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles style. I would not be opposed to return to traditional turn based either though, as long as it is fresh like Persona 5.

The "Additions" from the original were great. They added a sense of skill, and much needed battle flare technique. For the series to continue it should hold some symbol of this style.

The transformations are also key. I am a total sucker for Power Ranger like Transformation sequences. It is what sold me on the game originally, as well as White Knight Chronicles, Viewtiful Joe and FFX-2.

The story of the game had a strange balance. The dialogue execution was....awful. Yet somehow certain characters were able to flourish with personality. Dart was very likable. Rose was the dark and broody female lead. Shana was the frail childhood best friend that wanted to follow alongside Dart but was so glad they didn't end up together. Lavitz was by far my favorite character, something about his animation and style.

Sony Japan could work on it with the right direction. Like seriously, what are they working on other than just being hired assistance to 3rd Parties? They definitely do have skill though.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)