By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - What sports teams do you "root" for?

Football (Soccer): Atlético Nacional (Medellín, Colombia), Chelsea FC (England)

NBA: Boston Celtics

NHL: I stopped following the league because I did not have time anymore but at the time I liked the Anaheim Ducks.

NFL: I started following the league in 2012 and the Dallas Cowboys in particular (the reason was a bit random, at that time I was deciding which team to follow and at that moment I was watching "Lost" and mentioned them in series and I just thought that it was the destination xD). Anyway, after the retirement of Tony Romo it was very difficult for me to maintain interest in the team and the release of Dez Bryant was enough for me (Romo and Dez were the players that most attracted my attention and my favorites when I started to follow the Dallas Cowboys). So I do not see the NFL anymore.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 22 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
"Root for" sounds strange, we say support here in the UK

Anyways, mine would be
Football: Manchester City & Barcelona
Rugby: Sunwolves

And that's about it really.

I thought you liked those pink guys from Osaka too.

HomokHarcos said:
Ka-pi96 said:
"Root for" sounds strange, we say support here in the UK

Anyways, mine would be
Football: Manchester City & Barcelona
Rugby: Sunwolves

And that's about it really.

I thought you liked those pink guys from Osaka too.

I bought one of their shirts because it's pink, which is cool. But I've never even seen them play. The others I have, City and Barcelona I've seen live and the Sunwolves on TV.

My Favorite Sports team, by far, are the San Francisco Giants.

I started watching baseball around 2004-2007. Living in Reno, Nevada at the time, we had access to all the Bay Area sports channels and teams. Around that time, Barry Bonds was on his rampage in pursuit of the all-time home run record. Say what you will about all the controversy surrounding him and steroids, and all that, but I didn't care about any of that because, oh my god, he was so awesome to watch. I was instantly hooked. Seeing that ball just pop off his bat and land in the water as many times as it did had me in awe. 2006 and 2007 weren't good years to be a Giants fan as far was their record went, but that didn't matter to me at the time as much as seeing Barry break the record. '756' is still my all time favorite baseball moment. With 2010, 2012, and 2014 all being very close behind it of course.

NFL - Oakland Raiders and New Orleans Saints
NBA - New Orleans Pelicans
NCAA: LSU
Premiere League: Manchester United FC
MLS: Houston Dynamo

That should be good enough for the eventual datamine.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Eintracht Frankfurt

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Eintracht Frankfurt

Didn't you guys just embarass Bayern Munich in the cup final? Congrats!

Just Liverpool. I'm not really into any sports that aren't football. There's a few other football teams I sympathize with, but I wouldn't say I 'root' for them. Of course, there's a certain thing going on with Liverpool at the moment, I'm a little excited. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

mZuzek said:
Just Liverpool. I'm not really into any sports that aren't football. There's a few other football teams I sympathize with, but I wouldn't say I 'root' for them. Of course, there's a certain thing going on with Liverpool at the moment, I'm a little excited. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

"Just" Liverpool? So.... not like... Brazil or anything too then? :O

Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

"Just" Liverpool? So.... not like... Brazil or anything too then? :O

Oh yeah, international football. Forgot that exists. Argentina, then.

As for clubs I sympathize with, I would give a shoutout to Borussia Dortmund. I care more about them than anyone else.