By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - What sports teams do you "root" for?

Rab said:

In Australia "root" means to have cloitus, not sure I have ever done that for a team, but I would say if I had to choose a team it would be the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL) (Note: Football here is very different to any other World code)

Those Eagles just beat Richmond over the weekend 😩

Around the Network
Farsala said:
For NFL- I root for 2 teams because some AFC and NFC teams rarely have matches against each other. The 2 teams being SF 49ers and PIT Steelers. The dream of course is a super bowl between the 2. The 2 teams are actually 11-10 in favor of 49ers, so 21 games in over 67 years. About 1 game per 3 years, so I think being a fan of 2 teams is quite reasonable otherwise there will be many games that I just don't care about.

MLB- I like the Cubs.

Love those 2 NFL teams. NIners are my favorite team across all sports and I always root for the Steelers.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Niners, Knicks, and Yankees. I'm a huge Niners fan. LIke a Niners loss basically ruins me till Wednesday. Red & Gold till I"m dead & cold!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

MLB - Washington Nationals
NBA - Washington Wizards
NFL - Washington Redskins
NHL - Washington Capitals

I'm a baseball and basketball fan, really. So, Nats and Wiz are the ones I care most about. Since NFL is huge, and I hear a lot about the 'Skins, they're also pretty significant to me. I don't really like hockey. But, since the Caps have been good for a while, they're becoming more popular in this area. I'm hearing more and more about them, so I've started to care a little it.

HomokHarcos said:
Rab said:

In Australia "root" means to have cloitus, not sure I have ever done that for a team, but I would say if I had to choose a team it would be the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL) (Note: Football here is very different to any other World code)

It's close between those two at the top of the ladder, I do have a soft spot for Richmond, but in the end I'm real happy to see a Western Australian team on top :D

Around the Network
Rab said:
HomokHarcos said:

It's close between those two at the top of the ladder, I do have a soft spot for Richmond, but in the end I'm real happy to see a Western Australian team on top :D

West Coast have been very good so far this year. If I ever do visit Australia one thing I'd like to see is a game st the MCG and the museum. Also it's strange that Fremantle play in Perth instead Fremantle.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 22 May 2018

HomokHarcos said:
Rab said:

West Coast have been very good so far this year. If I ever do visit Australia one thing I'd like to see is a game st the MCG and the museum. Also it's strange that Fremantle play in Perth instead Fremantle.

Technically Fremantle is part of Perth, I can ride my bike between the Perth CBD and Freo along the Swan river, Perth also has a new Stadium that is state of the art and in a beautiful spot, The Eagles and Dockers share this facility for home games as it is that good, works well

The Adelaide Crows in the AFL are the only one I barrack for. My mum is a mad supporter and Crows was one of my first words. Last year was painful. Best team all year, then just didn't show up on Grand Final day.

I don’t really follow professional sports, but as a Torontonian, the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) are huge here, many southern Ontarians go to Buffalo to watch The Bills (NFL), the media flips out about the Raptors (NBA) - but I don’t know anybody who actually cares about them, and if the Blue Jays (MLB) make it to the playoffs, everyone is miraculously a big fan.

Apparently Toronto now has a North American soccer team - but little is known about them or the league.

Last edited by Seventizz - on 23 May 2018

How is it even possible to support more than one team? RIDICULOUS!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...