By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 12 May 2018

Ps4 has everything at arms reach. Xbox sales pretty dreadful. The xbox x has completely failed to change it's fortunes.

Around the Network

3.5:1 gap now between PS4 and X1, MS E3 better have blowjobs and hookers in the goodie bags they give out.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mummelmann said:
zorg1000 said:

Looking at last year's sales, it did 113k this week and averaged ~125k/week from early May-mid July so while these sales arent outstanding, it seems like its still selling steadily above last year even without mega hits like Zelda/Mario Kart.

Last year they shipped under 2 million this quarter, they should easily beat that this year.

Indeed, but to get to a 20 million fiscal year, they really need it to move even faster. Maybe they're aiming for a ludicrous Q4, we all know what they're capable of during the holidays, for instance. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they show off in the coming weeks and months, they tend to hold their cards closer to the chest than the competition.

Ya Spring/Summer should be solid but nothing mind blowing, i think it can continue to track a decent amount ahead of last year.

In May-July they have Donkey Kong, Hyrule Warriors, Sushi Striker, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad & Octopath Traveler. Thats a 1st/2nd party title like every two weeks and while none of them are going to be massive system sellers they should keep a solid level of momentum for Switch in those months.

Beyond that is hard to say, Yoshi, Fire Emblem & Smash Bros are confirmed for this year along with Pokemon being listed as "2018 or later" and heavily rumored to be this fall alongside a surprise or two being likely.

If rumors are true and Smash releases in late Sept alongside the online service and Pokemon releases in Nov than this holiday could be bonkers especially if Nintendo starts releasing some better value bundles (example, Switch+Mario Kart-$299).

Its hard to tell how sales will be since we only know the Spring/early Summer lineup at this point.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS4 = Xbox + Switch

PS4 dominating

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Mummelmann said:
The PS4 will likely fall quite a bit behind its 2017 sales in the coming years, it had a great spring/early summer last year. But still holding well, surprised at the Switch dipping that much, it seems like they need actual games to sustain momentum throughout the year, let's get going on that 1st party software already and not just re-releases of old games!

Well yeah if we are talking about years.....it most definitely will lol. I don't think anyone could ever deny that one lol

OT:

PS4 still holding strong! Doing very well indeed! The Switch while not bad is definitely needing some software to keep it moving along! And XB1 still have it's best yer ever!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
raulbalarezo said:
Another week for PS4 as usual

Well, this generation is over, but I'm happy Nintendo Switch is doing very well, congrats to Nintendo ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Kerotan said:
Ps4 has everything at arms reach. Xbox sales pretty dreadful. The xbox x has completely failed to change it's fortunes.

Powerful hardware is nothing without equally powerful software to push it.

CaptainExplosion said:
Megiddo said:

Europe once again the top selling region for the Switch. Interesting. ROTW also completely tanked for Switch this week. It's now back to where it was last year. PS4 ROTW also tanked this week interestingly enough.

What's ROTW?

Rest Of The World

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

wow, outsell XB and NS combined. Did not expect that.....

Last edited by loy310 - on 22 May 2018

Mummelmann said:
The PS4 will likely fall quite a bit behind its 2017 sales in the coming years, it had a great spring/early summer last year. But still holding well, surprised at the Switch dipping that much, it seems like they need actual games to sustain momentum throughout the year, let's get going on that 1st party software already and not just re-releases of old games!

It's already ahead of 2017 YoY in the US by 7% as of the beginning of May. Rest of would might be similar.