By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Owner - How much extra would you pay?

How much extra would you pay ?

$0 21 67.74%

$5 3 9.68%

$10 4 12.90%

$15 0 0%

Other, explain in comments 3 9.68%

Total:31
AlfredoTurkey said:
It's not on US to pay for things that should already be on there. We should demand large enough carts and we should be doing it by not supporting the games that don't 100% come fully on said cart. If we all voted with our wallet, you'd magically see this whole problem disappear and we wouldn't be having to deal with it.

I know I don't buy games on Switch that require downloads beyond just game updates and patches.

I do agree with you in principle but we are in kind of a stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand if we want the games to be full and Nintendo is not willing to do better prices on the carts than we suffer.

If sales suffer because we refuse to by half games than we also suffer cause they stop releasing games on Nintendo.

I looked at some of the releases and it is actually quite hard to compare things because everything has been a late release or port.

In future if we get simultaneous launches I would be wiling to pay an extra $5-10 compared to the PS4 version simply because i can play the game when I am away.

Around the Network

I would be already happy when the game is released at the same day as the PS4/XB1 versions.

VGPolyglot said:
Shaqazooloo0 said: 
  • They could, but I don't think they should or need to.
  • Nope, whatever it takes to get third party support is the better option. i don't think average consumer cares anyway.

Don't those two points contradict each other?

Hmm. Yeah, ok, I see what you mean. I didn't think about that. I suppose I could rephrase it to say:

• Nope, if it gets better third party support and is not too cost inefficient for either party involved then it's OK. i don't think average consumer cares about downloads anyway.

Because i'm pretty sure they could but it'd likely cost them money and I don't think consumers care about having downloads considering the digital purchase ratio for games is increasing. In the end I don't think putting all on the cart is necessary if it results in either party taking a big hit. 

I hope that's better.

My switch is just for exclusives, so none.

Regardless you shouldn't have to pay more.

XD84 said:
I would be already happy when the game is released at the same day as the PS4/XB1 versions.

Agree. I think that is where the real test will come. To see what we get for same day release games

Obviously no one will be expecting the gfx to be the same. So the other things is what will make it interesting. At launch surely they go with a correctly sized cart?

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
It's not on US to pay for things that should already be on there. We should demand large enough carts and we should be doing it by not supporting the games that don't 100% come fully on said cart. If we all voted with our wallet, you'd magically see this whole problem disappear and we wouldn't be having to deal with it.

I know I don't buy games on Switch that require downloads beyond just game updates and patches.

I do agree with you in principle but we are in kind of a stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand if we want the games to be full and Nintendo is not willing to do better prices on the carts than we suffer.

If sales suffer because we refuse to by half games than we also suffer cause they stop releasing games on Nintendo.

I looked at some of the releases and it is actually quite hard to compare things because everything has been a late release or port.

In future if we get simultaneous launches I would be wiling to pay an extra $5-10 compared to the PS4 version simply because i can play the game when I am away.

If it's between you and I and a company worth more than forty billion dollars, I'm gonna go with the forty billion dollar company to foot the bill, not us. We should not be expected to pay for the something that SHOULD exist in the first place. 

Hard to say without knowing how much these carts cost the 3rd parties

The extra cartridge cost is 1 of the reasons why I'm going all digital. So I wont pay anything extra.

Why would I pay more for a Switch version? I simply wouldn't. Nintendo need to release a SKU with more internal storage, and quickly. A whole lot of smartphones have 2-4 times as much storage today than the Switch does. Mine has 128 GB, for instance.

Consumers should not be left with the bill for lacking technical solutions, neither from the console manufacturer nor the publisher/developer.

$0, nothing, nada. I don't care if the developement costed 1000 times more, or if the cart alone is more expensive than the Nintendo Switch itself, I will not pay extra for a Nintendo Switch game when I can pay less to play it on the PS4. And even if I didn't have a PS4, I'd rather never play a game than pay more than someone else.