By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ThunderCats Roar (Yet another horrible cartoon reboot)

I heard the 2011 version was really good, too bad that they felt the need to go in this direction. It's too bad that Cartoon Network doesn't want shows that skew older, it's not the first time they throw away high-quality shows because of that. Just look at Young Justice or the He-Man cartoon from 2002. The thing is it's all about the toys

Around the Network

I found comparison images for the Original and 2011 series.

Arminillo said:
They brought it back in 2011 and noone cared. At least now it will be popular again

The only one of these reboots that has been good is Ducktales (Which might even be better then the original) Ben 10 sucks, Powerpuff Girls suck and Teen titans go sucks. CN will go to shit eventually for their horrible quality

Meh. It looks like more of that american low-quality shit. Why can't they just stop being so lazy and try to make cartoons that look decent...

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Arminillo said:
They brought it back in 2011 and noone cared. At least now it will be popular again

Man, that guy got roasted :P

And that 2011 reboot does look kickass.  This new one looks pathetic, desperate, and just...sad.

Nuvendil said:
konnichiwa said:

And that 2011 reboot does look kickass.  This new one looks pathetic, desperate, and just...sad.

I mean they wouldnt have cancelled it even if they got this cheap LEGO knockoff if it had good ratings. They might not have been terrible but in no way were the ratings good if they still got it totally removed.

EDIT: The biggest thing was apprantly the toys being absolute shit and not selling any because of how low quality they were. 

Last edited by Mcube - on 22 May 2018

Mcube said:
Nuvendil said:

I mean they wouldnt have cancelled it even if they got this cheap LEGO knockoff if it had good ratings. They might not have been terrible but in no way were the ratings good if they still got it totally removed. 

Yet they were good enough to warrant funding a lot of intial development.  Which means the ratings were still plenty good enough to continue if these empty suits at the top had any confidence in the creative people behind these shows or any ambition beyond churning out near identical, homogenized crap with various brands slapped on.

Nuvendil said:
Mcube said:

Yet they were good enough to warrant funding a lot of intial development.  Which means the ratings were still plenty good enough to continue if these empty suits at the top had any confidence in the creative people behind these shows or any ambition beyond churning out near identical, homogenized crap with various brands slapped on.

Started researching a bit and it seems like the thing that killed it most were the shitty toys. Apparantly they were horribly low quality and noone bought them. And still LEGO makes a ton of money if they had to move one show to make room for the LEGO TV show then that one was obviously the one that did the worst. Im not taking a dig at the writers or creators here they made a really good show from what I hear it not getting ratings because of multiple reasons (Mostly time slot movements) they just got fucked by CN themselves before they got removed because of the other show. All in all it sucks that we went from something amazing in 2011 to this hot garbage. 

Mcube said:
Nuvendil said:

EDIT: The biggest thing was apprantly the toys being absolute shit and not selling any because of how low quality they were. 

You seem to be ignorant to how Cartoon Network works. The Thundercats  2011 reboot suffered the same fate as Young Justice. The ratings were good but it didn't sell toys. This happened to several quality shows on Cartoon Network.