By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ThunderCats Roar (Yet another horrible cartoon reboot)

They love to ruin childhoods dont they?

How the f*** does it end up like this?

Around the Network

Why do all modern cartoons have to look like this, it's awful. Pass. To quote AVGN... "What were they thinking!"

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 19 May 2018

Ljink96 said:

Why do all modern cartoons have to look like this, it's awful. Pass. To quote AVGN... "What were they thinking!"

It's only for cartoon network's case. Disney has been doing great at cartoons.

JRPGfan said:

Nice comparison now add the 2011 one and you will wonder why they fuck that one got canned lol

For me, Thundercats wasn't ever a "heavy hitter" like GI Joe, Transformers, or Ninja Turtles but I still have fond enough memories. This kinda makes me sad but, at the same time I won't be watching it.

At least there's still Voltron and Duck Tales to scratch my nostalgia itch.

Around the Network
Arminillo said:
They brought it back in 2011 and noone cared. At least now it will be popular again

I enjoyed that reboot thoroughly. So I and a lot of people cared. This is just horrible and power[uff girls at least has some substance. This, teen go and Ben 10 reboot are just atrocities to cartoons evwrywhere

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I wasn't a hardcore fan of the 2011 version when it came on but I did watch it and it was good. I never watched the old one though.

However seeing this it's clear to me that Cartoon Network has no variety anymore. It's like every new cartoon that comes out has to have some slapstick, quirky and weird nonsense driven tones with simplistic bubbly art styles. Every cartoon starting to look and feel the same.

Only one I can say I like is Steven Universe but even then my patience for this shows grows weary.

CaptainExplosion said:
Cobretti2 said:

Nice comparison now add the 2011 one and you will wonder why they fuck that one got canned lol

I still wonder why the fuck it was cancelled!!

CN gave it the death slot which is those horrible morning times on Saturdays.

Thundercats was always a weird show to me when I watched it as a kid. It freaked me out a little. Everything from the weird weapons they were using, to the strange vehicles they drove, to the bizarre character designs; you got these weirdly buff cat-men walking around, fighting some mummy dude who was equally strange... I just thought the show was weird, lol.

JRPGfan said:

I'm pretty sure they didn't travel back in time 

cartoon animators are so lazy nowadays,its become quite sad

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick