By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Another Day in the US

Maxosaurus-rex said:
CosmicSex said:

I am looking for what "Jumpin"  just posted:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of gun sales in the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

I am so sick and tired of you guys acting like this is normal or that me wanting something different is some liberal disease.   There is something wrong with your mode of thought if you think that death needs to be qualified. Its wrong to me that people act like we are helpless and we cant di anything about it.

It is embarrassing that people are so scared that they believe that taking it seriously only means taking everyone's gun or wearing see through backpacks.

Most of us want something , anything,  done. I don't like Donald Trump but if he said this I support it 100%.  Make people pay attention and work to make it better.

It's embarrassing you would suggest that. 

I'm pretty sure I expressed what I am seeing honestly and without bias or preconceived beliefs. Just reality. All I am really suggesting is that we don't have to go to extremes.  We just have to recognize that there is a problem and put real effort into change.

Around the Network

Step 1 School shooting.
Step 2 People mourning.
Step 3 Protests for change.
Step 4 Some politicians make vague promises or lie.
Step 5 We wait until step one reoccurs.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CosmicSex said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

It's embarrassing you would suggest that. 

I'm pretty sure I expressed what I am seeing honestly and without bias or preconceived beliefs. Just reality. All I am really suggesting is that we don't have to go to extremes.  We just have to recognize that there is a problem and put real effort into change.

But your side absolutely wants to go to the extreme. So much they completely ignore all common sense and logic. Then they idioticly bring up foreign nations which America has no possibility to imitate/replicate nor do those nations even support their views.

I mean, here we go. Your side talks about banning semi automatic assault rifles and limit clip sizes. Then this guy comes in with a weapon completely legal in Australia and does extensive damage. Your side ignores acid attacks, knife attacks, car attacks and bombings to come to your conclusions. My 7 year old can seriously make the bomb from the Boston bombing right now easily.

Your side makes boogeymen out of the unrelated persons. 

Last edited by Maxosaurus-rex - on 20 May 2018

Maxosaurus-rex said:
CosmicSex said:

But your side absolutely wants to go to the extreme. So much they completely ignore all common sense and logic. Then they idioticly bring up foreign nations which America has no possibility to imitate/replicate nor do those nations even support their views.

I mean, here we go. Your side talks about banning semi automatic assault rifles and limit clip sizes. Then this guy comes in with a weapon completely legal in Australia and does extensive damage. Your side ignores acid attacks, knife attacks, car attacks and bombings to come to your conclusions. My 7 year old can seriously make the bomb from the Boston bombing right now easily.

Simple question, ok? No siding, no assuming. Just a simple question.

Do you think that too many people die because of guns, yes or no?

GoOnKid said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Simple question, ok? No siding, no assuming. Just a simple question.

Do you think that too many people die because of guns, yes or no?

No. Most (vast majority) gun deaths are suicide. There's cheaper, easier, more effective and less gruesome ways to off yourself. Drink a bunch of antifreeze. No mess. No regulation. Sit in a car in a garage and fall asleep. 

And then a good portion of the murders are gang related.ya know, the ones that will ignore stricter gun control measures. 

Then as previously stated, the countries that have strict gun regulations don't even support the people's argument well. Australia wasn't even that successful with only removing about 1/5th of their firearms. Those firearms are still easily available legally. And they had to just have an amnesty program because illegal gun ownership was on the rise and they were getting homemade firearms turned in.

The fact is, Australia is a poor model for the US. They aren't bordered or near some of the most violent  and bloody countries with the most present drug cartel (https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2018/02/15/586014065/deaths-from-gun-violence-how-the-u-s-compares-to-the-rest-of-the-world ). They are an island. They have the lowest population density around the world and they have an extremely homogeneous population. They also have much stricter rules on just about EVERYTHING else and censorship.

The UKs gun ownership is on the rise. Both legally and illegally too. 

These posts are just knee jerk emotional responses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/03/weve-had-a-massive-decline-in-gun-violence-in-the-united-states-heres-why/?utm_term=.4638311b1b11

That's despite loosening gun control over the years 

Last edited by Maxosaurus-rex - on 20 May 2018

Around the Network

Freedom comes with risk. Sad to see what happened, but the solution isnt taking innocent peoples freedoms away.

Maxosaurus-rex said:
CosmicSex said:

I think it is unhealthy to think of this in terms of sides.  It only prevents us from making changes or improving the situation. 

CosmicSex said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

When will you be happy? When everyone needs to conform wearing mute colors and clear backpacks? which still doesn't change anything. You know how easy makinga bomb is  a

I am looking for what "Jumpin"  just posted:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of gun sales in the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

I am so sick and tired of you guys acting like this is normal or that me wanting something different is some liberal disease.   There is something wrong with your mode of thought if you think that death needs to be qualified. Its wrong to me that people act like we are helpless and we cant di anything about it.

It is embarrassing that people are so scared that they believe that taking it seriously only means taking everyone's gun or wearing see through backpacks.

Most of us want something , anything,  done. I don't like Donald Trump but if he said this I support it 100%.  Make people pay attention and work to make it better.

"It is embarrassing that people are so scared that they believe that taking it seriously only means taking everyone's gun or wearing see through backpacks."

its not embarassing... as long as a single citizen has a fire arm there is a risk that this person will use that firearm to shoot people

which means that to prevent shootings from happening requires that no citizens own fire arms

its a very very simple thing to understand

or to be sensible you accept that living inherently has the risk of other people in your community causing harm towards you and balancing regulation to balance freedom with restrictions used to preserve life

CosmicSex said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

I think it is unhealthy to think of this in terms of sides.  It only prevents us from making changes or improving the situation. 

There absolutelyare sides here.The proposed changes are just knee jerk reaction. Policy based on emotion will always be terrible. T

These males need some one to talk to or some one to express their emotions. Clearly they need help because something is eating up at them from the inside. I don't believe a person wakes up one day and decides to shoot up a school.