By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye 007 vs Perfect Dark (N64)

Which is better?

Goldeneye 007 27 51.92%

Perfect Dark 25 48.08%

Total:52

It is hard (impossible?) for me to evaluate games that I played 20 years ago. But, I voted for Goldeneye, on the basis that it took a significant step towards popularizing FPS games on console.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

Perfect Dark has more content than 99% of the games released today. A huge single player campaign, co-op, counter co-op, customizable multiplayer with bots and lots of modes, character creation and stat tracking, mini-games... it was the complete package and with unbelievable graphics and soundtrack at that point, too.

Perfect Dark was the epitome of an AAA game to me. It will probably never be topped in that regard.

I literally cannot agree more. If it was a film you were buying, it would be like getting the Director's Cut Extended Edition that makes the runtime eight hours long, plus interviews with actors, the director, the producer and the intern who had to run and get coffee, plus every single deleted scene left on the cutting room floor, plus every trailer, all available in a dozen languages.

curl-6 said:

Close poll!

To touch on the future of both series, I personally didn't like Perfect Dark Zero at all, even back in the day it felt really clunky, though I did really enjoy the Goldeneye remake on Wii/PS3/360,

I'll agree with that. GoldenEye 007 on Wii was surprisingly good.