By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Grand Prix?! O_O

This would actually interest me a lot, haven't played a Star Fox game before though.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
Nautilus said:

DKC TF would hardly make a dent on Retro workforce.Its almost a straightfoward port with one extra charachter and resolution bumped up.Im no expect at game developemtn, but it seems to me thats a job that a group of 5 or 10 guys can do in 3 to 6 months.

Sure, it wouldn't be resource intensive - but my points is if Retro are doing multiple projects, they're likely small. If this is Retro's next new game, you can bet the majority of the studio's resources will be invested in it. Just because it's mascot-driven and a racing game doesn't mean it won't have taken time, effort and manpower to develop.

Oh for sure, Im not arguing against it.

It should just be noted though:Either this game is narrative and/or plot intensive, or the chance of them having another game in development, be it small or big, is considerable.Simply because there was that employee that left retro, which was hired to work on a project for two years, and he specialized in world building and creating lore or something of the sorts.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

CaptainExplosion said:
Xxain said:
So this is what Grunt Studios has been up to. Nintendo is trying a different avenue for a Star Fox revival.

Doesn't sound like the avenue I would use for Star Fox.

KLXVER said:

Imagine if they did a Star Fox in the vein of Mass Effect only with more space battles. Now that would be awesome.

But without the terrible ending, right?

The first Mass Effect had a pretty cool ending.

KLXVER said:
nemo37 said:
If it is true, I am willing to be open minded about it. I think a lot of people are expecting this to be a Mario Kart clone with Star Fox skins, but the description by Stealth on Twitter seems to indicate it has more depth particularly in single player mode. If this game is indeed in development and it plays like Stealth describes it then I am down for it.

Mind you I am of the mind that Star Fox is a franchise with a lot of potential constrained by its genre. Its mainline gameplay has not been innovated on much since Star Fox 64. Thus, having the franchise done in a more relevant and accessible genre could keep it relevant if/until Nintendo focuses on the main genre of the game again. In many ways Retro Studios is doing something similar to what they did with Metroid Prime (taking a 2D Metroidvenia platformer and translating it into a 3D FPS with some of the key elements of the 2D games) and it is in line with what Rare did with Star Fox Adventures, Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing, and DK64.

Imagine if they did a Star Fox in the vein of Mass Effect only with more space battles. Now that would be awesome.

The way Miyamoto described his vision for Star Fox being sort of a video game space opera I think would work very well with the Mass Effect type ARPG. In fact, after playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, part of me wanted Nintendo to give Star Fox to Monolith Soft so that they could turn it into an ARPG like space opera with space battle elements.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
oh! So it's a sequel to one of the endings of star Fox Command lol!

I'm down for this though, Sounds cool.

That would be an utterly bizarre, but entertaining as fuck connection.  

Around the Network

Find it weird that after Retro did Tropical Freeze, Nintendo was making Star Fox Zero and hired Platinum Games to help them. At the same time asking Retro to make another Star Fox game as well...

However the rumor about DKR2 might have been true, but it turned out that only the flying segments were fun to play, so they turned it into a Star Fox game instead after Zero failed.

I have to admit that the concept does not attract much attention and I would probably have preferred to see Retro Studios working on a more ambitious project but at the end of the day, this is still a game made by Retro Studios and they have my total confidence.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Well that came outta nowhere.

I´m keeping an open mind.Retro is quite talented after all, and if it´s in the spirit of Diddy Kong Racing/Mario Kart all the better.

This sound like legit, probably will will look and feel great. :)

Please let it be true!!