By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Grand Prix?! O_O

If this is what Retro wanted to work on i'm glad to see them working on something they wanted to do.

I'll hold judgement on the actual game until it is announced and we see gameplay, but on paper and what was described, sounds like it could be cool. Wonder why they chose the Star Fox brand for it though, guess we'll find out eventually.

Assuming this is true, I mean.

Around the Network

Eh, after Splatoon, Arms, Mario + Rabbids etc, I wouldn't write this off.

Mar1217 said:
I sense a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze reveal "part 2" here ...

If that does happen then it will be just as pathetic as it was the first time if people decide to act that way yet again. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was treated so unfairly when it was revealed.

FloatingWaffles said:
Mar1217 said:
I sense a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze reveal "part 2" here ...

If that does happen then it will be just as pathetic as it was the first time if people decide to act that way yet again. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was treated so unfairly when it was revealed.

True. I'm still hoping they also have a third DKC game coming.

Is it possible that Retro has been working on multiple projects? Because we know they helped port DKC:TF to Switch, but if this leak is true is this something that would really take 4 years or more for them to make?

Around the Network

First they were making Diddy Kong Racing, then they were making F-Zero now they are suddenly making a Star Fox racer, why are people so obsessed with Retro making a racing-game? Just because they worked on some stages for Mario Kart 7?
I really hope this isn't real. If they want to make a Star Fox-game then make a proper one, not some racer no one asked for

Sounds exciting to me, but the timing for it seems really strange. With Star Fox being dead for 10 years and then getting a lacklusterly received revival, a spinoff right now seems kind of misplaced.

I'd still be happy if it's real, though.

KrspaceT said:
You know, I feel this game would be interest to anyone if not tied to the Retro name.

The sad thing is, you are probably right.Its just that people hope and want retro to work on something the other teams at Nintendo cant work with, namely because of Retro being a western team and thus having a different culture/thinking on whats "cool".

While this can turn out to be an exceptional game, if it actually exists, its also something that Nintendo could have commisiioned to another team/developer.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

FloatingWaffles said:
Is it possible that Retro has been working on multiple projects? Because we know they helped port DKC:TF to Switch, but if this leak is true is this something that would really take 4 years or more for them to make?

Depends on the scale and ambitiouness of the game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

So this is what Grunt Studios has been up to. Nintendo is trying a different avenue for a Star Fox revival.