By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Stairway to Heaven vs November Rain

Stairway to Heaven or November Rain? Which is better?

Stairway to Heaven 36 76.60%

November Rain 11 23.40%

Total:47
Seventizz said:
Every year around Christmas a local rock station does a top 1000 rock songs of all time and every year Stairway wins with November fluctuating in the top ten. So I’ve been indoctrinated since childhood with Stairway as the top rock song.

We have something like that here in The Netherlands as well, 2000 songs from Christmas to New Year's non-stop voted for by the public. Numbers 1 through 4 have always been Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, Eagles' Hotel California, Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven and Deep Purple's Child in Time, pretty much always in that order. Can't say I disagree with such a top 4 of all-time myself though. November Rain has been in and out of the top 10 since it started here as well.

Around the Network

Stairway To Heaven sounds epic... I've always found November Rain to be a tad boring... I like both bands, however if there was no Led Zep, there'd be no Guns & Roses...

November Rain. Never been a big fan of Zeppelin.

There's a few on this list provided by Google that I don't really agree with, but there's no real denying that Stairway to Heaven is likely always going to be either top or in the top 5.

November Rain, while a special song, never really manages to push itself above GnR's other big hits. Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City or Welcome to the Jungle.

Stairway To Heaven:
+ Lyrics
+ Satanic message
+ The better guitar solo
+ Still sounds modern

- Too long

November Rain:
+ Cool video
+ Axls voice

- To much of a 90s style arrangement
- Simple love song lyrics

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

You're embarassing yourself, dude.

Nah, those obsessed with old people music are the ones embarassing themselves

Thats actually an incredibly immature response,  im surprised,your profile says you're 26. Enlighten us, when does music become old timey, what timeframe?

baloofarsan said:
Stairway To Heaven:
+ Lyrics
+ Satanic message
+ The better guitar solo
+ Still sounds modern

- Too long

November Rain:
+ Cool video
+ Axls voice

Satanic message? I always thought StH was about those born with silver spoons in their mouths?

Could some moderator move this to the music section of the forums? Since there is one, might as well, right?

Ka-pi96 said:
Dallinor said:

Thats actually an incredibly immature response,  im surprised,your profile says you're 26. Enlighten us, when does music become old timey, what timeframe?

Before I was born = old timey.

Although to be fair the 90s was actually pretty crappy music wise as well. Thankfully 2000 onwards was great.

Dude. The 2000s were dramatically terrible.

KLAMarine said:
baloofarsan said:
Stairway To Heaven:
+ Lyrics
+ Satanic message
+ The better guitar solo
+ Still sounds modern

- Too long

November Rain:
+ Cool video
+ Axls voice

Satanic message? I always thought StH was about those born with silver spoons in their mouths?

If you play it backwards!

https://youtu.be/epCmTZx174A

"Here's to my sweet Satan/The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan/He will give those with him 666/There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan."