By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 5 RPGs for SNES

S.Peelman said:
It’s funny that SNES around the world is remembered for it’s RPG’s, but not so much here in Europe, because a lot of the famous ones weren’t released here. We didn’t get Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger, or pretty much any of the ones released in Japan, so I never played them. Recently I started Secret of Mana on my SNES Classic, but I don’t know what to think. The dialogue for one irritates me, it’s too wannabe-cool, and there’s other gameplay aspects I’m not liking. Before that I only played Mystic Quest, because I have that on my real SNES, but that’s not really amazing either, plus the box implies you’re a noob if you play it so that’s not very encouraging either.

That leaves A Link to the Past, which is awesome, but that’s not an RPG.

About Mystic Quest Legend, it's basically Final Fantasy Light. It was a game to test the waters. Its' purpose was to measure how westerners like rpgs in general, I think.

You are right about the unreleased games, which is a shame. At least we got Terranigma, and it kicks ass.

Around the Network

1) Secret of mana.
2) A link to the past.
3) Chrono Trigger.
4) Lufia II
5) Earthbound.

I've only played Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, unless Link to the Past counts.

I'd put FFVI above Chrono though.

1. Secret of Evermore
2. Secret of Mana
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
5. Shadowrun

I although tried most of the games, I only completed to of them and than both on ds instead of snes. so

1. chrono trigger
2. dragon quest 6