By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Santa Monica deliberately tinify subtitles to deter youtube/twitch viewers from watching God of War?

?

Yes they did it to get mo... 3 10.34%

It was an accident, BOI! 5 17.24%

Nice conspiracy theory th... 18 62.07%

Don't care, no subtitles for life! :p 3 10.34%

Total:29

It's true. They also had to give most characters a beard, because the PS4 is incapable of rendering adult male chins.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
...the PS4 is incapable of rendering adult male chins.

Interesting but almost certainly true ;)

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Porcupine_I said:
It's true. They also had to give most characters a beard, because the PS4 is incapable of rendering adult male chins.

Hahahaha

mZuzek said:

Wouldn't it be the same if you're watching it? I mean as long as you set the video to the highest resolution and watch in full screen, it should be the same as the original game image, barring a slight drop in quality.

I mean, surely people couldn't care that much about Twitch chat... right..?

I'm not sure if I could live without seeing a chat window fly by with nothing but random peoples faces in it....

I was talking about it recently just how it appears to me to be a new language that people think they're talking in, it's like we've devolved back to clicks and chirps like some episode of a Sci-Fi show from the 90s, is that what people today think is communicating with others? writing a line of "faces" in a chat only to have it replied to by others with a line of different faces? it is worrying in ways that people think that is communication.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This site gets loony sometimes.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

I know it's a bit bad for the ones who actually bought the game and have poor eyesight but maybe this is a necessary evil to clamp down on sales that is heavy on the narrative side.

Forgot your tin-foil hat?

They most likely did it because developers sit in front of monitors instead of 15 feat from their TVs like seemingly some players do.

for me the original size was just fine.   I have a 55 inches TV and I sit in a coach that is 3-4m away of it.

They also made the game only 20 hours, so twitch streamers could be able to beat it in one sitting.

areason said:
They also made the game only 20 hours, so twitch streamers could be able to beat it in one sitting.

Its a 40 hour game. 55 with the side missions.

GOWTLOZ said:
areason said:

You can rush through the campaign in around 20 hours, even less if it's on normal difficulty. 

areason said:
GOWTLOZ said:

You can rush through the campaign in around 20 hours, even less if it's on normal difficulty. 

You can rush any single player game in a shorter span of time than that. Pretty sure God of War is one such game.

Not as if its enjoyable to do that.