By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX Switch coming west as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

While it's nice that it's finally coming, you have to wonder what the heck the higher ups at Capcom are thinking. They could've released this last year, instead they said they had no plans on releasing it at all, shattering the hope of those who looked forward to playing it. And now, a year later, with a newer Monster Hunter game out, it somehow makes sense to localise it? I...seriously don't understand you Capcom.

Around the Network
HandofPrometheus said:

Wow...now people can stop bitching. I honestly don't see myself going back to the old MH format after MH: World but if I do get a switch maybe I might pick it up.

I would definitely transfer my save file because I will not farm for hellblade powders or my good decorations ever again. 

New to the gaming community, are we? ;)

forest-spirit said:
While it's nice that it's finally coming, you have to wonder what the heck the higher ups at Capcom are thinking. They could've released this last year, instead they said they had no plans on releasing it at all, shattering the hope of those who looked forward to playing it. And now, a year later, with a newer Monster Hunter game out, it somehow makes sense to localise it? I...seriously don't understand you Capcom.

Well MHW seems to have made the franchise more popular in the west, so now seem like a great time imo.

NoirSon said:
Hopefully they are not dumb enough to ask folk to pay $60 for a late upscaled 3DS port.

It probably is $60, and to be fair its not just upscaled 3DS port, there are quite improvements except resolution, textures, lighting, draw distance, post procesing, denser environment details...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-monster-hunter-xx-switch-3ds-remaster-analysis

KLXVER said:
Nautilus said:
What a dissapointment...

Why? Isnt this what MH fans on Switch wanted?

I cant say for everyone, but I wanted Capcom to make a real effort and port World, not a expansion of a remaster of a 3DS game.That also extends to Capcom as a whole, I want to see less of MH XX and SF II Final Challengers, and more of RE 7, MH World, DMC V on the Switch.I want real effort on the games that Capcom brings to the Switch, not afterthoughts.MM 11 is a good example of a company doing the right decision for the franchise, the profit they may earn from it, and for the fanbase of that console.Even if Megaman is not as relevant as it used to be.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

Why? Isnt this what MH fans on Switch wanted?

I cant say for everyone, but I wanted Capcom to make a real effort and port World, not a expansion of a remaster of a 3DS game.That also extends to Capcom as a whole, I want to see less of MH XX and SF II Final Challengers, and more of RE 7, MH World, DMC V on the Switch.I want real effort on the games that Capcom brings to the Switch, not afterthoughts.MM 11 is a good example of a company doing the right decision for the franchise, the profit they may earn from it, and for the fanbase of that console.Even if Megaman is not as relevant as it used to be.

Well at least they release games at all. Third parties just wont do PS4 like numbers on the Switch. Maybe a few indies can do that, but not bigger 60$ games.

Finally Capcom doing something right although not 100% right.

People were begging for this game to reach the west, it's a shame that Capcom has not handled things well and that the hype has died a bit, even so I think the game will sell well.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

A year ago I would be excited but now that I have MHW on PS4, I dunno about that.
I guess I‘ll wait for a MH specifically made for Switch.

KLXVER said:
Nautilus said:

Well at least they release games at all. Third parties just wont do PS4 like numbers on the Switch. Maybe a few indies can do that, but not bigger 60$ games.

Since when does a game on the Switch need to sell as well as the PS4 version?As long as it makes a profit, there is reason to port over.Just look at bethesda and EA for example.Both released 60 dollar games and enjoyed success, even when they were late ports or inferior versions.Imagine if then companies started releasing their games day and date on the Switch.Not to mention that you need to built a fanbase on the system to start having more success.Bethesda knows this.And yet Capcom, a company that is already very well know by Nintendo fans( and MH having flourished on Nintendo platforms) dosent know these things I just said?

For as much as I am loving all the recent games they have been releasing, Capcom management can be very incopetent sometimes.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm surprised. Honestly.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile