By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is ready for Rage 2? Announce at E3 is looking highly likely.

Mr Puggsly said:

How many shitty looking/performing games really thrived on 7th gen though? Arguably not many.

Why are you moving the goal posts? That's a logical fallacy.

Mr Puggsly said:

On a side note, a lot of PC ports can be shit or not work on some machines period.

True. But you can also get all PC ports working, where there is a will, there is a way.
If a console game stops working because a service was shut off... Generally you are left without any options. Case in point: Every Original Xbox game ever online component.
But again...
On PC modders will often get their own servers online like with Halo: Online, Freelancer and so on once the servers have been shut off.
Modders will also often make their own unofficial patches once the developers have abandoned the game... Like with Alpha Centauri and Oblivion... Or sometimes a few developers in their spare time will make their own patches for free as a labor of love... Like with Battlezone 2.

On console you are left up shit creek without a paddle.

In the end though... You are just trying to shift the argument to something else, which is a logical fallacy.

Mr Puggsly said:

There is no perfect solution. I was looking forward to playing Crysis on my PC but it won't boot and I didn't care to tinker around to figure out the problem.

Obviously your PC is not my PC. Thus this argument holds no water.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not denying there were sub 720 games, there just weren't a "ton." You also neglect that's often a choice to push other aspects. Every 7th gen game could be 1080p with less demanding visuals.

There was a ton. I just listed a heap.
And you couldn't choose to run a 7th gen game at 1080P with less visuals on console which is my freaking point to start with, thanks for agreeing with me.

Mr Puggsly said:

7th gen consoles were pretty old by the time Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 released. Also, they likely meant relative to the consoles.

It's called an example.

Mr Puggsly said:

I never enjoyed SNES games because the asset quality was too low. I couldn't get immersed. I'm an annoying person.

That is you. Not me. Obviously as we are different people we are going to look at things differently and thus have different needs/wants/desires... And you know what? That is perfectly okay.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Pretty sure no one asked for Rage 2, given that and given the potential the first one failed to reach i am expecting something great.

Hopefully we don't get any of those third person car sequences.

They need to build on quite a bit, Rage I found was a game with good vision but execution that let it down it had good gameplay and mechanics but not much content in the game to make use of it the way it ended makes Deus Ex:MD's cliffhanger ending look good as well, they also should sort out their modding tools as the complex set up killed the mod scene before it even took off.

If they can sort these issues out then they'll have a great open world game that will add another option to their current duo of Fallout and ES.

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

How many shitty looking/performing games really thrived on 7th gen though? Arguably not many.

Why are you moving the goal posts? That's a logical fallacy.

Mr Puggsly said:

On a side note, a lot of PC ports can be shit or not work on some machines period.

True. But you can also get all PC ports working, where there is a will, there is a way.
If a console game stops working because a service was shut off... Generally you are left without any options. Case in point: Every Original Xbox game ever online component.
But again...
On PC modders will often get their own servers online like with Halo: Online, Freelancer and so on once the servers have been shut off.
Modders will also often make their own unofficial patches once the developers have abandoned the game... Like with Alpha Centauri and Oblivion... Or sometimes a few developers in their spare time will make their own patches for free as a labor of love... Like with Battlezone 2.

On console you are left up shit creek without a paddle.

In the end though... You are just trying to shift the argument to something else, which is a logical fallacy.

Mr Puggsly said:

There is no perfect solution. I was looking forward to playing Crysis on my PC but it won't boot and I didn't care to tinker around to figure out the problem.

Obviously your PC is not my PC. Thus this argument holds no water.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not denying there were sub 720 games, there just weren't a "ton." You also neglect that's often a choice to push other aspects. Every 7th gen game could be 1080p with less demanding visuals.

There was a ton. I just listed a heap.
And you couldn't choose to run a 7th gen game at 1080P with less visuals on console which is my freaking point to start with, thanks for agreeing with me.

Mr Puggsly said:

7th gen consoles were pretty old by the time Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 released. Also, they likely meant relative to the consoles.

It's called an example.

Mr Puggsly said:

I never enjoyed SNES games because the asset quality was too low. I couldn't get immersed. I'm an annoying person.

That is you. Not me. Obviously as we are different people we are going to look at things differently and thus have different needs/wants/desires... And you know what? That is perfectly okay.

You're arbitrarily deciding what is "pleasing."

Uh huh, there are people complaining the PC version of Rage is a mess. I'll just end on that.

That's the great thing about PC gaming, unique problems for all of us!

Not a ton, certainly not standard. Resolution can only go so far in boosting performance, depends how the game is designed.

Your example is bad.

I arbitrarily decide what's "pleasing" visuals. I will argue with people who have different opinions, that's what I do. If people feel 7th gen graphics were pleasing, they're objectively wrong. Because my PC is great, end of discussion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Fuuuuuck yes please.

First one had amazing level design, amazing gunplay, great AI, and phenomenal enemy animations. I played on PS3, the worst console for multi platform games, and I only noticed texture pop in and even that was only if I cared to watch for it.

Hope they add in some good Doom gore. Give me some wing stick dismemberment.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Sure am. As I am judging it by what I find what is pleasing and not by anyone elses standards. Problem?

Mr Puggsly said:

Uh huh, there are people complaining the PC version of Rage is a mess. I'll just end on that.

And it was. But the console versions weren't exactly perfect either.

Mr Puggsly said:

And you can actually play your games forever despite hardware/software changes!

Mr Puggsly said:

Not a ton, certainly not standard. Resolution can only go so far in boosting performance, depends how the game is designed.

I just listed a heap prior. Which means... Your statement holds no water.

Mr Puggsly said:

Your example is bad.

And your rebuttal is even worst and inconsequential to the argument at hand.

Mr Puggsly said:

I arbitrarily decide what's "pleasing" visuals. I will argue with people who have different opinions, that's what I do. If people feel 7th gen graphics were pleasing, they're objectively wrong. Because my PC is great, end of discussion.

Yeah. Try being a little less sarcastic... And a little more constructive. You might actually get somewhere.
If you can't handle that the PC has superior visuals and eprformance to consoles... You should probably stop playing video games entirely.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Sure am. As I am judging it by what I find what is pleasing and not by anyone elses standards. Problem?

Mr Puggsly said:

And it was. But the console versions weren't exactly perfect either.

Mr Puggsly said:

And you can actually play your games forever despite hardware/software changes!

Mr Puggsly said:

I just listed a heap prior. Which means... Your statement holds no water.

Mr Puggsly said:

Your example is bad.

And your rebuttal is even worst and inconsequential to the argument at hand.

Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah. Try being a little less sarcastic... And a little more constructive. You might actually get somewhere.
If you can't handle that the PC has superior visuals and eprformance to consoles... You should probably stop playing video games entirely.

I'm saying what you anecdotally find pleasing is not important. Not really an argument but you're pushing it as one.

Rage plays wonderfully on console, the developer gave me no other option.

Sometimes emulating a console version of a game is easier than getting the PC version to actually work.

You're just naming a few titles in a massive library. Most were 720p, some went even higher.

It would make more sense to compare older games to PC. You're talking about 2011-2012 releases? At that point the consoles were very dated. If anything, it was amazing how much they were squeezing out of those old boxes. The cost of the hardware is also relevant.

Sorry, I just don't care what you anecdotally deem pleasing and not.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I haven’t even played the first one yet lol. I didn’t think it did well enough to warrant a sequel. Was it any good and is it backwards compat on the Xbox?

massimus said:
I haven’t even played the first one yet lol. I didn’t think it did well enough to warrant a sequel. Was it any good and is it backwards compat on the Xbox?

Don't know if its BC on Xbox but on the game itself its fun but the content is a bit barebones though it has some good mechanics but not much to makes use of it and as a result never fulfils its potential the game also sadly has a sudden cliffhanger ending, worse than Deus Ex MD's one, which makes it feel that you only played half a game. It's far from a bad game as its great when something is happening and as mentioned fun to play it just misses its potential especially as an open world game as the content is lacking, its worth giving a go.

Wyrdness said:
massimus said:

Don't know if its BC on Xbox but on the game itself its fun but the content is a bit barebones though it has some good mechanics but not much to makes use of it and as a result never fulfils its potential the game also sadly has a sudden cliffhanger ending, worse than Deus Ex MD's one, which makes it feel that you only played half a game. It's far from a bad game as its great when something is happening and as mentioned fun to play it just misses its potential especially as an open world game as the content is lacking, its worth giving a go.

I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger ending, since what the resistance wanted to archive was to get all the other arks activated and moving to the surface which they did in the end. What the ending makes it so bad is that there is no real conclusion to what happened afterwards. It just ended at this point.  

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3