By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is ready for Rage 2? Announce at E3 is looking highly likely.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm saying what you anecdotally find pleasing is not important. Not really an argument but you're pushing it as one.

And I don't care. What I anecdotally find pleasing is important to me... And I can and will make statements to that end.
Whether you agree with them or not is an entirely different matter, but incessantly complaining about it will change absolutely nothing, so you might as well stop wasting your time.

Mr Puggsly said:

Rage plays wonderfully on console, the developer gave me no other option.

It's not a perfect 720P+60fps with zero pop-in though. So wonderfully is a stretch of the imagination.
Rage on Xbox 360 employs a dynamic resolution remember... You can have a pathetic 640x720 at times.

But don't take my word for it:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-rage-face-off

Mr Puggsly said:

Sometimes emulating a console version of a game is easier than getting the PC version to actually work.

And sometimes the console version of a game will -never- work regardless of what you do or how hard you try and solve the issue.
On PC you have options.

Mr Puggsly said:

You're just naming a few titles in a massive library. Most were 720p, some went even higher.

You can use that argument regardless of how many games I list, arguing otherwise isn't going to change my mind.
The fact that some of the largest games (Halo 3) on Xbox 360 were sub-720P doesn't bother you?
I mean... Even 720P is shit anyway. But I digress...

Mr Puggsly said:

It would make more sense to compare older games to PC. You're talking about 2011-2012 releases? At that point the consoles were very dated. If anything, it was amazing how much they were squeezing out of those old boxes. The cost of the hardware is also relevant.

If the cost of hardware is relevant.
Then the cost of software is relevant.
And then the cost of accessories also becomes relevant.
And then the cost of online is also relevant.

Free online. Enough said.

The PC has cheaper accessories. It's cheaper buying a $10 keyboard+mouse AUD from Kmart than a $90 AUD Xbox controller from EB Games.

The PC has cheaper games, that does bring the TOTAL PLATFORM COST down substantially... And if you are like me and own thousands of games... Will make the PC substantially cheaper.

With that in mind however My Core 2 Quad rig is roughly age equivalent to the 7th gen consoles. Guess what? It plays 8th gen equivalent games just fine.
Can your Xbox 360 do that? No? I wonder why that is... HMMM.

There is a reason why the PC platform is larger than the Xbox 360 platform. We have more games. We have more gamers. We are the master race.

Mr Puggsly said:

Sorry, I just don't care what you anecdotally deem pleasing and not.

Fantastic. You are fully entitled to ignore my comments.
But don't make the false assumption I will cease making anecdotal comments just to placate you, because that ain't ever happening.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Yeah no. Id rather ID making Doom 5.

But after Doom I'll give ID a chance and you never know, a Rage 2 might turn out to be awesome

Apparently it's being developed by Avalanche, the studio behind Mad Max/Just Cause so perhaps ID is working on Doom.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

@Pemalite

Thought I'd boot up Rage after a few years of not having touched it.

Without the tweaks, FPS was spotty and the game didn't auto create it's own texture cache folder. I created one for it within the already existing id software folder (which DOOM was already a part of within that directory).

Forced Vysnc on via NCP and triple buffering, upped the texture limit and now the game is running smooth as butter at a locked 60 at all times

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/how-to-unlock-rages-high-resolution-textures-with-a-few-simple-tweaks

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

Apparently it's being developed by Avalanche, the studio behind Mad Max/Just Cause so perhaps ID is working on Doom.

It's a collab between Avalanche and id actually. Hard to say what the ratio is there or how many id developers are on Rage 2 though. But I'm certain that Doom 2 is also in development. Pete Hines even teased it for E3 a few months ago.

Oh really? On Resetera it just said Bethesda & Avalanche but makes sense that ID would be partially involved.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Chazore said:

@Pemalite

Thought I'd boot up Rage after a few years of not having touched it.

Without the tweaks, FPS was spotty and the game didn't auto create it's own texture cache folder. I created one for it within the already existing id software folder (which DOOM was already a part of within that directory).

Forced Vysnc on via NCP and triple buffering, upped the texture limit and now the game is running smooth as butter at a locked 60 at all times

I would expect nothing less from a more modern PC though!
I do have the game on PC and Xbox 360. But I could never tolerate the Xbox 360 version.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--