By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Days Gone - New Gameplay [Game Informer]

I like zombie games a lot (hey I am making one)... but at the moment, though I will get the game day 1, it doesn't sound like its trying anything new or different.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

another big game for the players! Thats really awesome !!

All the info makes it sounds kinda generic but I'm still on board. I'm not burned out on zombies yet and the last of us feels appeals to me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

LuccaCardoso1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

The trailers tell you that it is another 'generic zombie shooter'. For many of the rest of us, it is saying something different. 

What is it saying then? That's what I was asking. What aspects of Days Gone's marketing make you think that it will not be a generic zombie shooter?

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

- "I lost my wife" plot.

I didn't know thats a common theme and typical for "generic zombie shooter".

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

I'm not saying the game will be bad or anything, it can take those mechanics and polish them a ton, but it doesn't look to be original at all.

Why has it to look original? Does it have to be? Ghost Of Tsushima doesn't look original too.

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

- "Plot is about surviving". I don't need to tell you how abundant survival games are nowadays.

Zoombael said: 

"Does the world really need another zombie game? "

Right. After a zillion zombie games - and a zillion more to come for sure -, we finally start to pose the question if we need another zombie game. 

Btw. that aint zombies in Days Gone. They re called freakers. :P

How many of those survival games are AAA. Are story driven. Have Open World Aspects. Are complete and beyond average.

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

- Zombies not being called zombies.

What do you know about the disease and its background in Days Gone? Would you describe the mushroom people from TloU as zombies? Or the infected in the movie "The Girl with All the Gifts"? Or the creatures in I Am Legend? Would you call an animal with rabies a zombie? How does it make a zombie game generic when zombies are not called zombies, to make a clear destinction where there is a clear difference?

"Zombie" is very defined nowawdays. Reanimated corpse, walking dead, slow moving, decomposing. Although i think to coin the infected "Freakers" isn't the best choice, we see them in a uniform condition, displaying distinct behavior, "instinct driven" behavior. Not the standard re-animated dead people aka Zombies. Zombies don't back off from the living and build nests in selected places.

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

- "Survival vision".

What about it?

LuccaCardoso1 said: 
GribbleGrunger said: 

They have made one HUGELY successful infected game before. You asked if Sony are 'really that bad at advertising zombie games?' Clearly not. Yes, Sony do know how to sell a good story game. It's their speciality. I'm still confused why you think stating the obvious is in any way making a stronger case for your 'generic' argument.

If they're good at marketing zombie games, then Days Gone is generic. If they're showing everything the game has to offer, then it is very generic. It's either a bad marketing team or a generic game.

This does not making any sense. I doubt you have any idea what you're talking. Is the games release scheduled for tomorrow?

Hunting Season is done...

BraLoD said:
CGI-Quality said:

Last Of Us will probably be June 2019. 

That would kill Days Gone.

As different as they are if Sony releases TLoU around 3 months after Days Gone it's just gonna have no legs.

If anything, it might be the last of Us-y fix that people are craving and will get it to pass the time ti'll TLoU2

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

...you can disagree about the driving and gunplay, that’s fine. You may be right, by release those issues might be gone.

I do disagree about there being any issues at all with them.
Where do you spot this issues? what are they about? to me it seems fine.

Without looking at the video again to confirm, I do remember a complete lack of recoil or weight while the guy was unloading an LMG into zombies, and none of the motorcycle footage looked any good imho. It all looked like Test Drive 6 where you’re driving on ice.

As far as the shooting goes, the shotgun footage looked much better. So this is just an alpha, they can fix it. I hope they do because I fucking love zombie games. Even bought DR4 day one.

Madword said:
I like zombie games a lot (hey I am making one)... but at the moment, though I will get the game day 1, it doesn't sound like its trying anything new or different.

Keep us posted

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LudicrousSpeed said:
JRPGfan said:

I do disagree about there being any issues at all with them.
Where do you spot this issues? what are they about? to me it seems fine.

Without looking at the video again to confirm, I do remember a complete lack of recoil or weight while the guy was unloading an LMG into zombies, and none of the motorcycle footage looked any good imho. It all looked like Test Drive 6 where you’re driving on ice.

As far as the shooting goes, the shotgun footage looked much better. So this is just an alpha, they can fix it. I hope they do because I fucking love zombie games. Even bought DR4 day one.

I didnt notice it tbh.... Driveing the bike looks awesome imo.
All I think about with Days Gone is its a zombie game that looks like "The walking dead" game people wanted.
Hordes of zombies, and that very real "gotta run and gun" and use enviroment to stay alive.

Granted I havnt really played many zombie games, but I dont recall seeing another game do this quite like it.
its "new" or differnt enough that it looks fun.

JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I didnt notice it tbh.... Driveing the bike looks awesome imo.
All I think about with Days Gone is its a zombie game that looks like "The walking dead" game people wanted.
Hordes of zombies, and that very real "gotta run and gun" and use enviroment to stay alive.

Granted I havnt really played many zombie games, but I dont recall seeing another game do this quite like it.
its "new" or differnt enough that it looks fun.

The number of zombies and a more mature story are the things that stand out for me. Though there were a lot of zombies in Dead Rising, and though I like it, it just doesn't really do anything with the zombies. Bit sick of respawning enemies, wish they would make the world a bit more dynamic. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The first hour of the game is going to be shown today. Sod it, I'm watching. I'll post it as soon as it's available:

The PS5 Exists.