By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Days Gone - New Gameplay [Game Informer]

I am curious about seeing hundreds of zombies on screen at once, that will be an aspect Days Gone could define itself from other zombie titles I've played.

Around the Network

After the excellence of Uncharted on the Vita I have absolute full faith in this studio to pull this game off, especially with Sony who have been to known to help rather then hinder a project.

Is anyone actually excited for this game? It just looks like another generic zombie TPS...
Is there something special about this game that I cannot see?

B O I

jardesonbarbosa said:
This game doesn't give me a lot of confidence. It looks like those games that are forgotten 1 month after release. But I hope I'm wrong.

Yeahhhh you are probably right... that must be the reason every time it shows up people talk a lot about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:
Is anyone actually excited for this game? It just looks like another generic zombie TPS...
Is there something special about this game that I cannot see?

I remember this being said about The Last Of Us. 

The Last of Us' trailers didn't do justice to the game. I hope that's true to Days Gone too, but is Sony really that bad at marketing zombie games?

How can I be sure that the game isn't just a generic zombie shooter if that's exactly what the trailers tell me? How can I expect a compelling story if they just keep talking about how they can make a trillion zombies appear on the screen at the same time?

B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I remember this being said about The Last Of Us. 

The Last of Us' trailers didn't do justice to the game. I hope that's true to Days Gone too, but is Sony really that bad at marketing zombie games?

How can I be sure that the game isn't just a generic zombie shooter if that's exactly what the trailers tell me? How can I expect a compelling story if they just keep talking about how they can make a trillion zombies appear on the screen at the same time?

They've only marketed one other game with infected in it, so YES, they've got a remarkable track record ...

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

The trailers tell you that it is another 'generic zombie shooter'. For many of the rest of us, it is saying something different. 

What is it saying then? That's what I was asking. What aspects of Days Gone's marketing make you think that it will not be a generic zombie shooter?

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

The trailers tell you that it is another 'generic zombie shooter'. For many of the rest of us, it is saying something different. 

What is it saying then? That's what I was asking. What aspects of Days Gone's marketing make you think that it will not be a generic zombie shooter?

Give me a list of the things that make it generic. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

They've only marketed one other game with infected in it, so YES, they've got a remarkable track record ...

Sony is one of the largest companies in the world, and zombie games have been common for more or less a decade now. That's no excuse.

Btw, Uncharted came out in 2007 and Sony has been making story-driven games since then. They should know how to sell a story.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Sony is one of the largest companies in the world, and zombie games have been common for more or less a decade now. That's no excuse.

Btw, Uncharted came out in 2007 and Sony has been making story-driven games since then. They should know how to sell a story.

What excuse was I presenting? Sony do know how to tell a story. Neither of these comments relate at all the the post you are quoting. 

The PS5 Exists.