By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 April 2018

Still pretty decent PS4 hardware sales, GOW keeps the PS4 above 200k and don't forget the PS4 also moved almost 250k previous week. So god of War did almost move 100k PS4 units not mind blowing but not bad either. Hopefully GOW can keep the PS4 above 200k for the whole month.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Was last week adjusted up? Because 243k for GoW launch week and then 254k the week after seems strange.

PS4 holding steady even if sales feel "low" with GOW. Switch still doing well. And the XB1 continues to shine in its best year ever!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kirby007 said:
JSG87 said:
At 80 million sold and The hardware market not as large as it used to be with the addition of Disposable Income being less than it also used to be I'd reckon that PS4 is reaching a point where exclusives won't guarantee a massive hardware bump. For instance if a brand new 3D Zelda were to come out in 2019 it would provide a minimum h larger hardware boost for people looking for a new console whereas PS4 alrwady has so many owners that it's incredibly hard to reach those kinds of numbers now.

That's just a logical guess though. I literally have no proof that is what is happening and vgchartz could be way off for all I know.

Good point and where in the ps2 and 3 era you had to replace the console more often due to hardware issues

And for a Dvd or Blu Ray player.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Barkley said:
Was last week adjusted up? Because 243k for GoW launch week and then 254k the week after seems strange.

This week and last week probably both undertracked tbh.
It doesnt make sense that numbers are so low these 2 weeks with God of War out.

Around the Network

good numbers for ps4, effect of god of war

Well, the numbers will probably be adjusted very soon... but from what we have seem of VGC it seems like they are assuming GoW didn't had much of an impact and that bundles were absent from the sales significance.

But considering VGC in the past had reported sales of game not launched we all know that from time to time we don't have the consideration of SW release on the sales of HW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Japan PS4 numbers finally adding some weight to PS4's overall number.

JRPGfan said:
Barkley said:

This week and last week probably both undertracked tbh.
It doesnt make sense that numbers are so low these 2 weeks with God of War out.

Perhaps making up for overtracking last quarter. According to this site PS4, NSW & 3DS all sold a good deal more than were shipped last quarter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Another easy week for the ps4 outselling it's main rival by 3:1. You can see why Sony don't price match. They can sell so much more consoles at a higher price. The ps4 still sells like the hot new item on the block despite a high price tag in its 5th year.

Will Sony make the inevitable price cut at e3 or this holiday? They've held off this long and they still have block busters like rdr2, spiderman and even detroit alpeit it's not a blockbuster.

They'll have no problem keeping sales high until November without a cut so why bother.