By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake in trouble?Yong Yea and and FF rant.

Square should first and foremost...

Continue pursuing remakes. 5 17.24%

Continue DLC-ifying FF15. 1 3.45%

Give up on FF altogether. 9 31.03%

Make a solid FF16 ASAP. 10 34.48%

Just remaster all FF's and fuck the fans 1 3.45%

Put all their budget into FF online. 0 0%

Other/comments/middle America... 3 10.34%

Total:29

It's been in trouble for a while now they fell out with CC over development and scrapped everything to start again from the beginning this game isn't coming out for a while if the was a bookies taking bets it would be wise tip to bet it could become a PS5 game.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
It's been in trouble for a while now they fell out with CC over development and scrapped everything to start again from the beginning this game isn't coming out for a while if the was a bookies taking bets it would be wise tip to bet it could become a PS5 game.

Do you have any evidence of that? SE made a move to use less outsourcing for Final Fantasy titles to maintain quality, thus no longer requiring CC's assistance.

Xxain said:
Wyrdness said:

Do you have any evidence of that? SE made a move to use less outsourcing for Final Fantasy titles to maintain quality, thus no longer requiring CC's assistance.

http://cogconnected.com/2018/04/final-fantasy-vii-development-rebooted/

So it seems what you said here was a PR statement from them as they made a move because CC was outsourcing a tonne of things and the result was a mess.

Yeah I stopped caring about this game when i heard they were still in the brainstorming phase and still hiring key staff onto the team, I'll see it on PS5.

Mar1217 said:
Ljink96 said:
Yeah I stopped caring about this game when i heard they were still in the brainstorming phase and still hiring key staff onto the team, I'll see it on PS6.

Too optimistic.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Part 3 releases on PS5 and PS6 as a dual release. In the meantime, I'll just stick with Monolith Soft for my JRPG Fix, they can at least put out decent titles in a timely fashion. 

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
At this rate I'm losing any hype/excitement I had for the remake anyway... they're such a terrible company when it comes to development times, seems like all their games go through some sort of "hell", lol.

Lately they have some good faith because of Platinum Games, but honestly they have been a bit questionable for the last decade.

Bristow9091 said:
Acevil said:

Lately they have some good faith because of Platinum Games, but honestly they have been a bit questionable for the last decade.

Honestly, I'd say they've been questionable ever since the merger, but I guess they needed it to keep afloat or something... but ever since then it seems like they've been declining with each new release, at least in the Final Fantasy franchise anyway.

As much as I do dislike the merger and also noticed a decline, they were still decent at development times & production in the ps2/gba era, and we had steady release of solid titles. Given Merger effects might have happened on the next phase of developed titles, which would be similar to Bioware with EA (Mass Effect 2 and Origins were fine, but you can see clear issues in Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2.)

John2290 said:
Acevil said:

Huh? Have they partnered with Platinum? Thought that was a once off thing with Nier.

I just meant Nier, but that is full credit in my mind to Platinum Games. 

Well, they did have a management shakeup recently. Hopefully, they put in people to help organize their development.

I think another big problem is what they are trying to pull off with this game. What they should have done is simply recreate the environments in 3D, but keep the area sizes the same. This would have probably kept dev time to 2-3 years. It seems they want to expand on exploration of certain areas, like Midgar. While that is an interesting idea, it just leads to even more work that was, for the most part, already done with the OG FF7. Now, they have to come up with more concept art. More areas have to be built within the game. Possibly more story points and dialogue have to be written/recorded. It's just too much to do, especially while they also want the director to finish up KH3.

People still bitching about a rumor that hasn't been backed up yet.

Edit:  Also, who in their right mind would use their actual name to post something like this?  True or not?  Now he's definitely got less opportunities if he loses a job, and a bridge burned.

Last edited by LMU Uncle Alfred - on 07 May 2018

Lube Me Up