By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake in trouble?Yong Yea and and FF rant.

Square should first and foremost...

Continue pursuing remakes. 5 17.24%

Continue DLC-ifying FF15. 1 3.45%

Give up on FF altogether. 9 31.03%

Make a solid FF16 ASAP. 10 34.48%

Just remaster all FF's and fuck the fans 1 3.45%

Put all their budget into FF online. 0 0%

Other/comments/middle America... 3 10.34%

Total:29
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
People still bitching about a rumor that hasn't been backed up yet.

The fact that people expected it to release in 2017 while it is 2018 with almost no news make people believe those rumors.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

The fact that people expected it to release in 2017 while it is 2018 with almost no news make people believe those rumors.

Never heard a peep out of anyone expecting it to release in 2017. We actually have news though that's telling one way or another.  That is SE saying the game is in full scale development not too long ago. Square Enix hiring more and more staff for the game is actually a potential good thing despite what people not in game development seem to think.

People were still being hired a year before FFXV's release, and this isn't even a thing specific to Square Enix as Uncharted 4 was hiring not too long before release.

As more and more people are getting hired it tells a tale that contractors will be helping out as the main staff was able to put in the building blocks of the game.  They'd just need more man power to meet a deadline.

Lube Me Up

John2290 said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Edit:  Also, who in their right mind would use their actual name to post something like this?  True or not?  Now he's definitely got less opportunities if he loses a job, and a bridge burned.

That's why there's a question mark and unless they come out at E3 with a release date I'd say the rumors have some level of truth to them. Somethings rotten.

Nah, it would be nice to see something this E3, but it wouldn't mean anything necessarily either.  They have a few other places they could show the FF7 remake's current state, but E3 would be the best spot.  SE have a ton of games to show from the size of their booth this year.  I'm guessing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, DQXI, KH3, FFXV DLC, a FFXIV expansion, and the Avengers game are going to show up.  The FF7 remake I give a 60% chance.  At least from what has been said about it from Nomura is that the cut scenes were further ahead than KH3's.  

Lube Me Up

"Just remaster all FF's and fuck the fans"

Oh my!

They could just revamp the graphics, perhaps even contracting a company... but nope, they want to change most of the game and are tied on a clusterfuck

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

i think we should wait for e3 and see for official update from square enix

DonFerrari said:
They could just revamp the graphics, perhaps even contracting a company... but nope, they want to change most of the game and are tied on a clusterfuck

This. They just needed to do something like FFVII Tech demo for PS3, with more advanced graphics though, we're in 2018 and that tech demo is from 2006, but I mean, they just needed to update FFVII's graphics, music and add VA to the game, while keeping the same battle system and launching everything in one part. I just want a real FFVII remake, not some reimagination bullshit that's going to take years to make. What Square needs to do is really simple, what they're doing is not.

RedKingXIII said:
DonFerrari said:

This. They just needed to do something like FFVII Tech demo for PS3, with more advanced graphics though, we're in 2018 and that tech demo is from 2006, but I mean, they just needed to update FFVII's graphics, music and add VA to the game, while keeping the same battle system and launching everything in one part. I just want a real FFVII remake, not some reimagination bullshit that's going to take years to make. What Square needs to do is really simple, what they're doing is not.

I don't mind they thinking about outdoing the graphics of other 2018 released games... but I would already be pleased with a remaster of the level of Crash and the likes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Like Konami and Capcom, Square had been declining for years. Things change and nothing lasts forever. You just have to try an deal with it.

Part of the problem is that Tetsuya Nomura is an egomaniac. I don't how familiar you guys are with Squaresofts history but Nomura used to be, and sometimes still is - a character artist/designer.

Hironabu Sakaguchi, who was the producer for 90% of Squaresofts projects and responsible for getting his games developed on a timely manner has since left the company when Spirits Within tanked at the Box Office. I believe he voluntarily left Squaresoft in 2003 - right before their merge with Enix.

Reason I bring this up is because FF7 was the product of Hironabu's heart and soul. His mother passed away while developing FF7, and so alot of the philisophical themes you see in VII was because of Hironabu's grief that he was going through at the time. Nobuo Uematsu was a close friend of Hironabu, and compiled certain soundtrack songs to reflect his grief. That's why FF7's "Prelude" theme was more melancholic than previous entries and "Aeriths Theme" made you wanna put a knife through your heart.

So having learned all this, do you guys believe FF7 Remake will retain the same magic? Nomura has clearly stated that he has his own vision for the game, and has no plans to remake the game with the original concept in mind.

And FYI - Nomura's excuse for FF7 Remake to be "multiple episodes" is bullshit. The reason was because his "vision" for FF7 Remake was too big to fit on one disc. Lol, as if we all forgot that Squaresoft ran into this same problem and just used multiple discs for one game. I hate Nomura.