By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake in trouble?Yong Yea and and FF rant.

Square should first and foremost...

Continue pursuing remakes. 5 17.24%

Continue DLC-ifying FF15. 1 3.45%

Give up on FF altogether. 9 31.03%

Make a solid FF16 ASAP. 10 34.48%

Just remaster all FF's and fuck the fans 1 3.45%

Put all their budget into FF online. 0 0%

Other/comments/middle America... 3 10.34%

Total:29
AlfredoTurkey said:
Like Konami and Capcom, Square had been declining for years. Things change and nothing lasts forever. You just have to try an deal with it.

By the same logic, a decline doesn't last forever. Hopefully some of these companies can unscrew themselves eventually... Some are just going to take longer than others.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Like Konami and Capcom, Square had been declining for years. Things change and nothing lasts forever. You just have to try an deal with it.

By the same logic, a decline doesn't last forever. Hopefully some of these companies can unscrew themselves eventually... Some are just going to take longer than others.

You're right, most declines don't last forever... because they die. It's very rare for any company in business to reach a peak of success, decline to the point of irrelevance and then manage to climb back to their peak again. I can think of only one such company and that's Apple. But that was because they had one of the greatest visionaries the world has ever seen steering the ship. Who does Square have that rivals Jobs? 

The fact is, the gaming industry has changed so much (more western-centric) that a lot of older Japanese companies can't keep up. That's why you see a lot of them focusing on mobile because they don't really have a clue.

Square hasnt made any great games in a very, very long time. Like a decade plus. Their last remake of secret of mana was atrocious, so it's pretty probable they will screw FF7 up too

I wish they'd stop trying to re-invent the wheel and just gave it the shadow of the collosus/Crash treatment.

That's all people asked for. Not a complete re-imagining and not a 3 parter.

This was easy money, but they always go and complicate things and deliver a turd. I'm worried.

They didn't start over 7R development and SE isn't obsessed with XV dlc. Fans have demanded more from the game.

I hope they show something at E3. It's deserves an update.

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
Part of the problem is that Tetsuya Nomura is an egomaniac. I don't how familiar you guys are with Squaresofts history but Nomura used to be, and sometimes still is - a character artist/designer.

Hironabu Sakaguchi, who was the producer for 90% of Squaresofts projects and responsible for getting his games developed on a timely manner has since left the company when Spirits Within tanked at the Box Office. I believe he voluntarily left Squaresoft in 2003 - right before their merge with Enix.

Reason I bring this up is because FF7 was the product of Hironabu's heart and soul. His mother passed away while developing FF7, and so alot of the philisophical themes you see in VII was because of Hironabu's grief that he was going through at the time. Nobuo Uematsu was a close friend of Hironabu, and compiled certain soundtrack songs to reflect his grief. That's why FF7's "Prelude" theme was more melancholic than previous entries and "Aeriths Theme" made you wanna put a knife through your heart.

So having learned all this, do you guys believe FF7 Remake will retain the same magic? Nomura has clearly stated that he has his own vision for the game, and has no plans to remake the game with the original concept in mind.

And FYI - Nomura's excuse for FF7 Remake to be "multiple episodes" is bullshit. The reason was because his "vision" for FF7 Remake was too big to fit on one disc. Lol, as if we all forgot that Squaresoft ran into this same problem and just used multiple discs for one game. I hate Nomura.

Please do some better research. Everything you say is a half truth.

Nomura was a big part in the original story for 7. They also plan on making each part 3 full length games. Another reason he said it was spilt into episodea was because the plan was to get the games out faster. 

Should've made a remake of FFVIII.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

square enix seems to have quite a history of announcing games everyone wants that may never even come out... *cough* kingdom hearts 3 *cough*

op: final fantasy vii part 1, 2, and 3? count me out if i was ever in. i’d rather play the original.

Nem said:
I wish they'd stop trying to re-invent the wheel and just gave it the shadow of the collosus/Crash treatment.

That's all people asked for. Not a complete re-imagining and not a 3 parter.

This was easy money, but they always go and complicate things and deliver a turd. I'm worried.

People love to complicate simple things... a very good remake done in 12-24 months using FF XV engine upping the graphics, easy and fast money? No, let's make this very complex project that may never end well.

John2290 said:
twintail said:
this dude just summarised already known news?

riveting...

Yeah, I mostly put videos in my threads because I know the hassle of trying to read an article while you are busy or on the move and ending up just skimming through it but not fully getting the message. A video is easy so you can stick your phone back in your pocket and listen to it. Everyone is on the same page that way.

Lets face it, when you link an article not many people read the damn thing and end up arguing about completely different stuff or going off of the title. Videos end up with the same issue but not half as much.

As for Yong yea, well he's a commentator of gaming news but I think he forgets to focus on the commenting part sometimes, it mostly comes out when he is talking about shady practices, MGS or anyhing Kojima.

I rather read an article than watch someone on YT.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I really wish for a solid FF XVI but I don't think it will happen, VII remake should come out first, and more solid RPGs will come out, the series just lost it position as a leader