By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break is a masterpiece

I actually sent this to someone on this site as a gift. Can't remember who it was. Hope they enjoyed it, though.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

It is a fantastic game. Unfortunately a sequel is unlikely.

shikamaru317 said:

The sequel is already in pre-production.

For whatever this game is getting a lot of discussion today. VGC chartz, and ResetEra have a thread about it.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7561877

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Pretty meh for me to be honest. Had potential though. Also extremely short, it took me just under 12 hours to get 1000 GS.

Bandorr said:
shikamaru317 said:

The sequel is already in pre-production.

For whatever this game is getting a lot of discussion today. VGC chartz, and ResetEra have a thread about it.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7561877

I'm surprised MS was willing to fund it when the first game didn't even sell 1m. This gives me hope that they will fund Sunset Overdrive 2 as well once Insomniac finishes Spiderman, Sunset sold more than Quantum Break afterall, and likely had a smaller budget (Quantum Break budget was supposedly quite large due to the long 4 year dev cycle and the tv component). 

Around the Network

Man I wish it's true and there'll be a sequel. Honestly I'd prefer it to Alan Wake 2 even though AW is a better game. QB story is deeper imo and I want more of it.

LiquorandGunFun said:
i have played it along time ago, but as i see it now it is about 20% of my monthly data cap to download just 1 game. maybe down the line some when I am not so fucked by Comcast.

It didnt grab me right away and I moved on to something else at the time is all I remember, I see why you enjoyed the game OP, you described that well and makes me want to try it again. I already downloaded some big games since the start of the month, it might be until next month I consider it, thanks to bullshit data caps.

You have a data cap that is so low you can only download a few games per month?

Is the game on Gamepass?

One of the best games this gen.

VAMatt said:
Is the game on Gamepass?

No, not yet anyway. lol, it’s a fucking huge download.

Idk if it’s true or not but that Resetera thread about it being in preproduction has me rock hard.