By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break is a masterpiece

I really loved to play the game on my XBO when it came out. Only thing I didn't like was the "temporal reconstruction technique" to upscale 720p to 1080p.

I'm currently replaying that gem on PC and gladly that upscaling can be disabled. Native 2560x1440 is demanding for that game, but thanks to G-Sync everything runs smooth.

Around the Network

I love good story-driven games and I loved the presentation of this game. I wasn't a fan of the TV part. For me, it was 20+ minutes of idle time, with so-so acting with mostly side characters I did not really care about. I would have preferred if they had somehow manage to incorporate the TV story part into actual gameplay.

Still, I agree that it's meta was a bit low, brought down by some ridiculous 4/10 (Seriously, this game received 4 4/10). I would like a sequel to this game, preferrably one without the TV part and one that was aiming for 15+ hours storyline only (not including TV or collectibles)

Barkley said:
" If Remedy owns the IP, maybe it could be a multiplatform release."

Remedy have confirmed there next game will be multiplatform and launch on PS4. I don't think it'll be quantum break though, looks like an expensive game to make and it's sales were not good at all.

Yeah I’m not expecting their next game to be a QB sequel, just in the future hopefully.

Thats unfortunate if MS owns the IP but maybe it gives QB2 a better shot of happening. We did get American Nightmare, after all. And QB2 would be way cheaper to make considering they already have an incredible engine and would surely skip the live action stuff this time.

Last edited by LudicrousSpeed - on 05 May 2018

I respectfully disagree. I found the gameplay clunky and repetitive, and the story largely uninteresting.

Oh, and the insanely heavy use of post processing effects and film grain made the game blurry as hell and still did nothing to help the ever present texture pop in.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

hmm, you have my interest piqued. when the game inevitably goes on sale again i’ll pick it up.

Around the Network

I finished it a few days ago. Took me months to commit to it. It was alright.

I was quite hyped for it until it got a 77% on MC. I have too little free time to play games I’m not sure will be good.

I actually sent this to someone on this site as a gift. Can't remember who it was. Hope they enjoyed it, though.

Pretty meh for me to be honest. Had potential though. Also extremely short, it took me just under 12 hours to get 1000 GS.

Man I wish it's true and there'll be a sequel. Honestly I'd prefer it to Alan Wake 2 even though AW is a better game. QB story is deeper imo and I want more of it.